Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 10:17:33 am

Author Topic: VET Multimedia Students 2011!!!!!  (Read 11884 times)  Share 

dbraid

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
  • School: Buckley Park College
  • School Grad Year: 2011
Re: VET Multimedia Students 2011!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2011, 03:45:49 pm »
Sorry guys I know I shouldn't post this here, but this was one of the only threads which had recent posts.

What exactly is VET ? and how does it differ from a University Enhancement subject ?

VET is essentially doing a TAFE course as a VCE subject. In most, if not all cases the VET subject counts as a study score just like any other subject meaning you can get up to 50 study score points (whereas Uni-enhancement gives you only up to 5.5 points, thus essentially being a 5th or 6th subject). As it is a TAFE subject the focus is on practical stuff, and that's where a lot of the marks come from, but you will need to sit an exam as well at the end of the year.

I've loved doing VET International Digital Media this year, very hands on and very enjoyable. You may need to guide yourself a little in terms of theory stuff for the end of the year, but I would recommend it to anyone.

People often criticise TAFE's in comparison to Uni's, but in my mind TAFE offers a lot more practical skills you can actually apply and use in comparison to theory based Uni courses. Next year I will be going to Uni, not because I think it is better than TAFE, but because employees for whatever reason see it as better.
2010 - Further Maths [39]

2011 Aims - English [35+], International Studies [38+], IT Applications [43+], Media [40+], VCE Interactive Digital Media [43+]

2011 Realistically - English [10+], International Studies [10+], IT Applications [10+], Media [10+], VCE Interactive Digital Media [10+]
(and that's before scaling :P)

dbraid

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • School: Buckley Park College
  • School Grad Year: 2011
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2011, 03:54:46 pm »
Regarding Friday's exam...  :) :) :)

Just curious about what we should actually be studying and revising over. Okay so we know it will similar to the 2010 exam, but the lack of theory material (i.e - no real textbook) doesn't exactly help for the theory part of the exam.

Should we look at the previous study design and those exams, are just focus on the present stuff? I'm finding it difficult to do, especially as for me my course has been via correspondence pretty much the entire year. Furthermore there are no other exams other than VCAA, which limits us quite a bit - unless there are some that I don't know about?

This should be the exam I feel most confident about, but for some reason I don't really feel confident at all...

What are your thoughts, guys?

Yeah, I'm in the same boat, Its so weird "revising" for this subject since we dont have a text book, what I'm doing is googling stuff and attempting to make my own set of notes lol. If anyone has compiled notes on Copyright/Defamation, can they pass them along =). Cheers lol.

Hey DuckDodgers (which may I say is a way more imaginative name than dbraid)!

I've found googling stuff helpful as well, and definitely writing your own notes is good. I wouldn't worry too much about Copyright/Defamation as it plays only a small part in the exam (I think only one multiple choice question was mentioned in the 2010 exam and that was pretty doable as a question).

My concern is the lack of practise exams to complete. While you can easily use the pre-2010 exams for short answer and multiple choice, you can't use them for the practical as they are in a PDF format. I mean we can read them but we don't have the assets needed to complete the tasks which is annoying. Still the 2010 practical task seemed easy enough, I think just keeping track of time will be the key.

Anyway, all the best everyone for Friday!
Daniel

2010 - Further Maths [39]

2011 Aims - English [35+], International Studies [38+], IT Applications [43+], Media [40+], VCE Interactive Digital Media [43+]

2011 Realistically - English [10+], International Studies [10+], IT Applications [10+], Media [10+], VCE Interactive Digital Media [10+]
(and that's before scaling :P)

squiddler

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2011, 08:16:47 pm »
Oh man, how I am going to get a 45+ in this subject is freaking me out, minimal theory this year so most of it I've had to cover myself, and I don't know if I'm doing it detailed enough. Hopefully it's relatively common-sense for the multiple and short answer questions, and that the practical isn't overtly difficult.