Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 07:19:19 pm

Author Topic: Critique my BM Exam answer  (Read 4618 times)  Share 

Juztine

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Business Manangement Exam =]
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2007, 09:13:45 pm »
hey, i'll have a look at it too =D not so much to correct you, but more to learn from you, since you seem to be a BM expert ^^

[email protected]
-justine

Odette

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2007, 09:15:03 pm »
Quote from: "Juztine"
hey, i'll have a look at it too =D not so much to correct you, but more to learn from you, since you seem to be a BM expert ^^

[email protected]

Haha I'm no expert :P
Thanks =]

elaine

• Business Management Moderator
  • Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2007, 09:18:47 pm »
Ok went through it. The image was a bit blurry, so i couldn't read some parts.
Here are a few things I wanted to point out-

example of organisation that aims to maintain jobs in Australia
Ripcurl. Although labour is less costly overseas, Ripcurl maintains a large majority of its manufacturing in Australia.

strategic management
Mention the timeframe: 3-5 years

Overall, answers displayed your knowlege really well, as you provided examples. You addressed each point the questions were asking. The privitisation example of the Comm. Bank was especially good.
Well done  :D
[♥]

Odette

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2007, 09:22:27 pm »
Quote from: "elaine98"
Ok went through it. The image was a bit blurry, so i couldn't read some parts.
Here are a few things I wanted to point out-

example of organisation that aims to maintain jobs in Australia
Ripcurl. Although labour is less costly overseas, Ripcurl maintains a large majority of its manufacturing in Australia.

strategic management
Mention the timeframe: 3-5 years

Overall, answers displayed your knowlege really well, as you provided examples. You addressed each point the questions were asking. The privitisation example of the Comm. Bank was especially good.
Well done  :D

Thanks lol mark out of 60?
I just really got stuck on the job maintaining example grr! lol

elaine

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2007, 09:44:49 pm »
mark out of 60: 50
Great work :)
 Be sure to provide adequate detail in all questions. Your privitisation question is an excellent example, however you could've expanded on the low key tactics for change.
[♥]

Odette

« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2007, 09:46:53 pm »
 Be sure to provide adequate detail in all questions. Your privitisation question is an excellent example, however you could've expanded on the low key tactics for change.

Sure thing :)

Wow i've never gotten that low before :cry:

Trigger_003

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2007, 12:01:30 pm »
1.a)i. Outsourcing not only allows the management but the entire organisation to focus upon its core activities. Whilst this may be relatively cheap in the short-term, on a one off basis, it is not always so and may end up costing the org more in the long run depending upon the nature of the task. So be careful there.

b) Rather than 'provides', I always make a point of the dependency an org has upon its suppliers, not that yours is any less correct, just my way of doing things.

2. c) Not only keep current customers, but attain new ones.

3. a)i. Might want to elaborate - governing behaviour, etc. Also, there can be several rules/guidelines in, say, an internet user policy for instance.

b) For the last one, rewarding supportive behaviour could be added in. My teacher took the oportunity to tick me off for not relating to the case study enough in this question - you might want to look at that too.

Just crits, sorry, I need to get back to study so I don't have time to give you a mark, but I'd say you just might've passed :). Don't go getting too good, k? :wink: Noice.
06: IPM (49)
'07: English Language, Software Development, Music (Solo Performance), Methods, Business

Odette

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2007, 12:22:50 pm »
Quote from: "Trigger_003"
1.a)i. Outsourcing not only allows the management but the entire organisation to focus upon its core activities. Whilst this may be relatively cheap in the short-term, on a one off basis, it is not always so and may end up costing the org more in the long run depending upon the nature of the task. So be careful there.

b) Rather than 'provides', I always make a point of the dependency an org has upon its suppliers, not that yours is any less correct, just my way of doing things.

2. c) Not only keep current customers, but attain new ones.

3. a)i. Might want to elaborate - governing behaviour, etc. Also, there can be several rules/guidelines in, say, an internet user policy for instance.

b) For the last one, rewarding supportive behaviour could be added in. My teacher took the oportunity to tick me off for not relating to the case study enough in this question - you might want to look at that too.

Just crits, sorry, I need to get back to study so I don't have time to give you a mark, but I'd say you just might've passed :). Don't go getting too good, k? :wink: Noice.

Thanks Trigger :)
Might have passed? So I just passed? what omg :shock: lol

Edit: Didn't detect the sarcasm :P lol

Trigger_003

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2007, 03:17:29 pm »
Ha, NOTE SARCASM :P.
06: IPM (49)
'07: English Language, Software Development, Music (Solo Performance), Methods, Business

Odette

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2007, 03:18:53 pm »
Quote from: "Trigger_003"
Ha, NOTE SARCASM :P.

Yeah lol..

elaine

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2007, 04:41:13 pm »
Quote from: "Odette"

low? i thought it was pretty good lol considering you didn't answer the maintaining jobs one which was worth 7 marks. if you just got that one, you would've easily got 56 ish!  :D
[♥]

Odette

« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2007, 07:15:30 am »
Quote from: "Odette"

low? i thought it was pretty good lol considering you didn't answer the maintaining jobs one which was worth 7 marks. if you just got that one, you would've easily got 56 ish!  :D

The example would have only been worth 2 marks :P