Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 10:37:41 am

Author Topic: Bad Idea to do 2?  (Read 3089 times)  Share 

/0

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +45
Bad Idea to do 2?
« on: August 01, 2008, 11:15:04 pm »
I'm thinking of doing UMEP Physics and UMEP Maths next year but I don't know if it's a good idea. At this rate it looks like I'll be doing 4 other subjects in year 12: ELanguage, Physics, Spesh and Chem. I reckon this would give me about 14 spares every 6-day cycle. What I'm hoping is that I can do a lot of my Uni homework in my spares and just do the other subjects normally. Will that be sufficient? My math teacher warned UMEP Maths has a heavy, heavy workload, but that's not what I'm hearing from this site :P
Thanks

Mao

• CH41RMN
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +390
  • School: Kambrya College
  • School Grad Year: 2008
Re: Bad Idea to do 2?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 11:24:51 pm »
i don't think you'll be able to get admitted into two enhancement subjects. and I think VTAC only accept one enhancement study
Editor for ATARNotes Chemistry study guides.

VCE 2008 | Monash BSc (Chem., Appl. Math.) 2009-2011 | UoM BScHon (Chem.) 2012 | UoM PhD (Chem.) 2013-2015

sheepz

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 11:41:55 pm »
yeah im quite sure u cant... and personally i dont think you'll get THAT much done in your frees (or study periods lol). plus your textbook is probably going to be huge and heavy, so do you really think you are willing to bring it to school? (coz i dont... and i normally spend quite a few hours on uni acct every week) so yeah think about whether you're willing to make the commitments =)
~2007~
Legal Studies - 37
Chinese SLA - 38

~2008~
ESL
Methods CAS
Economics
Accounting
Uni Accounting

/0

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 11:46:21 pm »
Hmm ok I'll probably do 1 then. My math teacher said you could do two though lol...

Ahmad

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • *dreamy sigh*
  • Respect: +15
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2008, 01:35:25 pm »
Do UMEP maths! Last year the workload for me was roughly 2 hours per week of lectures and every 2-3 weeks a few hours on assignments. I don't know whether it'd be similar this year, since the course structure has changed. :)
Mandark: Please, oh please, set me up on a date with that golden-haired angel who graces our undeserving school with her infinite beauty!

The collage of ideas. The music of reason. The poetry of thought. The canvas of logic.

/0

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2008, 02:51:18 pm »
Do UMEP maths! Last year the workload for me was roughly 2 hours per week of lectures and every 2-3 weeks a few hours on assignments. I don't know whether it'd be similar this year, since the course structure has changed. :)

Gee I hope the workload is that much :P That would be so cool. I have till the end of the year to decide, so I'm gonna do some recon at school. thanks

Mao

• CH41RMN
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +390
  • School: Kambrya College
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2008, 07:50:57 pm »

Gee I hope the workload is that much :P That would be so cool. I have till the end of the year to decide, so I'm gonna do some recon at school. thanks

actually, applications are due in early november, and to get a good application in [with teachers' reference letters, etc] you want to start at least a month ahead.

but yeah, the workload is fairly minimal, and the materials is damn interesting
however, the downfall I think is that UMEP has scrapped calculus in its mathematics course and it's all Linear algebra now? (i heard). Monash, however, is a lot easier. The downfall of that is it is too easy.

and no, I don't think you can't do two extensions at the same time.
Editor for ATARNotes Chemistry study guides.

VCE 2008 | Monash BSc (Chem., Appl. Math.) 2009-2011 | UoM BScHon (Chem.) 2012 | UoM PhD (Chem.) 2013-2015

dcc

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +55
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2008, 11:53:02 pm »

My friend does UMEP and they do almost no work on it, due to how low the workload is.

psychlaw

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2008, 01:01:44 am »
Only one UMEP can count anyway so doing two is kinda pointless...

sheepz

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2008, 05:49:21 pm »
actually, applications are due in early november, and to get a good application in [with teachers' reference letters, etc] you want to start at least a month ahead.

lol you serious? i think i did mine last minute... my friends and i all sent the application like on the due date itself haha >.< we phoned the person in charge and she said it was alright if the applications were a bit late so yeah lol
~2007~
Legal Studies - 37
Chinese SLA - 38

~2008~
ESL
Methods CAS
Economics
Accounting
Uni Accounting