Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 04:17:40 am

Author Topic: Chinese SL  (Read 26680 times)  Share 

Toothpaste

• pseudospastic
  • Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Member #10
  • Respect: +26
Chinese SL
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2007, 01:28:09 pm »
Quote from: "ninwa"
toothpick 你在家里说汉语吗?

在家, 我说潮州话. =) 我有 TVB 所 以 我 hui 听 cantonese (可 是 我 不 hui shuo).
我 不 xi huan typing in chinese 因為 it takes too long. LOL.

Glad you understand me cara.mel! Haha, wo hen crap at this. =D

*goes back to French*

ninwa

• Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +1021
Chinese SL
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2007, 01:37:48 pm »
LOL i know. It's sooo much easier to type in german!!

Guten Tag, wie gehts? :P

lyn123 你的汉语非常好, 比我的好. 我在家说普通话但是老的用很多英文词,因为我中文真的太差了:(

得40+非常难! 大部分时间必须都考A+才行.

我十年级也学了音乐,但是我学的是solo.你弹什么乐器?
ExamPro enquiries to [email protected]

lyn123

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Chinese SL
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2007, 02:12:00 pm »
谢谢哦!但是我的中文啊。。唉 如果你听我说话的时候啊。。你就会觉得蛮难听的 哈哈。。我写字的时候也不清楚。。:(

那。。我就4啦。我一定要考到40+ 哈哈。。但是好像没有机会啦。。我的VCE成绩一定会很低。。4啦。。

嗯。。我弹钢琴+小提琴。。那你呢?呵呵。。什么时候开始学啊?嗯。。好像没有介绍我自己给大家。。呵呵。。我叫黄家连。名字不像一个女生的对吗?哈哈。

你们的考试考得怎么样耶?
Music: Group Performance

Literature
Methods
Chemistry
Chinese SL
Biology

All I need is a 90-94 ENTER :(

kingmar

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Non Sequitur
  • Respect: +2
Chinese SL
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2007, 02:37:06 pm »
Interesting. I've never seen to many squares lined up in a line before.

It's like...
squaresquaresquaresquareinternational studies square shit square

I'm screwed for Chinese. Just give me a 35 and leave it at that, eh VCAA?

I'm one of those bums that get the answer straight off the tape, hehe.

But my essay writing is shocking, so you can make up marks there.
ENTER: Incomprehensibly high

lyn123

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
Chinese SL
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2007, 02:44:45 pm »
Lol . Are you Chinese ?

How did your oral go ? Mine went horrid . I was stuttering .. and it was quite funny actually .. because I ran into my examiner a few days later . LOL and I found out my Taiwanese friend is her niece and she's also my friend's teacher .. I'm still too scared to ask her how I went . Lol she probably forgot anyways .. I doubt I left a good impression . Lol .

Literature
Methods
Chemistry
Chinese SL
Biology

kingmar

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Non Sequitur
Chinese SL
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2007, 02:48:26 pm »
da bian (closest translation)

I don't know. My examiners never asked anything weird, and they had this fake smile on the whole time.

kingmar

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Non Sequitur
Chinese SL
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2007, 02:49:20 pm »
da bian (closest translation)

I don't know. My examiners never asked anything weird, and they had this fake smile on the whole time.

Yeah, I'm Chinese. I'm only good at oral conversation, listening & R&R. Thank god it gives the most marks. Detailed Study coulda gone better though.

Toothpaste

• pseudospastic
  • Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Member #10
Chinese SL
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2007, 02:50:58 pm »
LOL Kingmar. I just saw your Bann-ability thing. Haha.

lyn123

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
Chinese SL
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2007, 02:58:23 pm »
well i was an idiot to say that i had previously learnt french .. they suddenly took that as a conversation topic and asked me "fa yu gen han yu you shen me qu bie?" and i was like ..err.."ni bu yao yong han zi xue fa yu" and ..... ackward silences . there were so many ackward silences ! and then for my detailed study they said "wang zi cheng long shi shen me yi si" and then i answered it with "wang zi cheng long shi fu mu xi wang hai zi jiang lai hui you chu xi.." and then they looked like they were waiting for more .. so i was like ummmm.....-___-;; ! and then they asked me opinion questions about my detailed study .. not even any questions to actually do with the information i studied ..

but my friend .. she was worse i guess .. cos she just moved from singapore last year .. and she somehow (i don't know how) managed to get into chinese sl beginners .. and in the oral .. they asked her .. "how long have you been learning chinese" lol and she answered "more than 10 years" lol and it was liek .. ackward silence .. and then apparantly they full on changed the level of difficulty for the questions to try and trick her into saying that mandarin is her first language .. -_-

but are you mandarin or cantonese or ?? hehe ..

my oral accessors kept giggling in a very disturbing manner O.O

Literature
Methods
Chemistry
Chinese SL
Biology

ninwa

Chinese SL
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2007, 03:07:37 pm »
lol, my oral was pretty awkward too .... the lady that came to the door to collect me looked a bit caught out that I'm Chinese :P but then I walked in and the other examiner looked Japanese or something ...... ?!

and my examiners kept nodding at every little thing I said ... it felt pretty weird. The first question was Beschreiben Sie Ihre Familie (describe your family) and all I'd said was "Es gibt vier Leute" (there are 4 people) and they were already smiling and nodding and going "OHHHHHH" like I'd said the most interesting thing in the world =\

I wish I didn't drop Chinese lol. German listening comprehension pwns me to the max :(

oh and .... 我弹钢琴 :) 我的考试考的真差 :( 英文是我最好的课, 但是不知道为什么, 当天写坏了, biology & chemistry 也考的不太好 :( 我本来希望得九十九以上, 但是先在不可能了  :cry:

Toothpaste

• pseudospastic
  • Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Member #10
Chinese SL
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2007, 03:09:52 pm »
I've studied Chinese for ~8 years. But I suck so much I've had to repeat grades, hence my French(since prep) progressed past it. LOL

*shame*

(plus I get owned by the background speakers too)

lyn123

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
Chinese SL
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2007, 03:15:13 pm »
when is ur german written exam ?? good luck ! :)

well i regret dropping french and not picking up japanese . i love languages .. and not to mention the fact that they are all scaled up . 3 languages ~ gees . if only i had put more thought into my subject choices -_- lol

i am getting owned by so many people . like all my chinese friends (who speak mandarin at home) are in sl beginners ! -___- gah damnit i need a 40 ! lol . to save my vce from what it's become :(

which schools do you go to ?

and also . how do you guys (the ones learning atm) practice chinese ? like .. do you write alot of essays and stuff to practice ? or just do practice comprehension questions ? i hate the fact that i know cantonese because it screws up my mandarin bad :( in a way it's an advantage cos there are still similarities but cantonese is very colloquial :( sooo it doesn't help much with proper mandarin sentence structures and grammar -_-

Literature
Methods
Chemistry
Chinese SL
Biology

ninwa

Chinese SL
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2007, 03:20:09 pm »
wait, toothpick, aren't you chinese? :?

German written is next Tuesday .... I think. I am gonna get absolutely killed by the listening bit. Writing I can do fine, just the listening .... :(

I dunno bout chinese but for german I just write practice essays. My teacher also gave me heaps of listening tapes to practice, and also a booklet of reading comprehension practices. I've been neglecting german for international studies tho ..... I think I can wing german but IS I actually need to study for :P

我狠考试!!!!!

lyn123

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
Chinese SL
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2007, 03:25:22 pm »
yeah i reckon i can wing chinese too . lol but i really need the good mark . lol because i had like 2 friends that are both from hongkong, super good at mandarin (started learning when they were like 5 or something) and one got 32 and one got 36 .. so that kinda scares me alot ! because i know my level is nowhere near as good as theres ! lol so far i'm just doing a hsk chinese proficiency tests . but it's abit too simple -_- hmm i have a habit of when writing essays i manage to write alot of "fei hua" lol and lose the actual point -_- and apparantly word limits are very important . which means i really need to cut the crap :( thank goodness i have just under a week to still practice chinese :D

which school do you go to ?

wo ye hen tao yan vce de kao shi :(

Literature
Methods
Chemistry
Chinese SL
Biology

Toothpaste

• pseudospastic
  • Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Member #10
Chinese SL
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2007, 04:51:47 pm »
Quote from: "ninwa"
wait, toothpick, aren't you chinese? :?

German written is next Tuesday .... I think. I am gonna get absolutely killed by the listening bit. Writing I can do fine, just the listening .... :(

I dunno bout chinese but for german I just write practice essays. My teacher also gave me heaps of listening tapes to practice, and also a booklet of reading comprehension practices. I've been neglecting german for international studies tho ..... I think I can wing german but IS I actually need to study for :P

我狠考试!!!!!

In a way yes. Lol. Too mixed to say a definite.