Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 01:59:32 pm

Author Topic: Chinese SL  (Read 26773 times)  Share 

cara.mel

Chinese SL
« Reply #90 on: November 20, 2007, 07:05:05 am »
thank you guys :*
I'll still put in effort and stuff, and like tomorrow/day after go through and learn how to write more characters off the top of my head, random good phrases etc.
the whole thing does feel a bit futile though. After 6 years I suddenly can't learn much more overnight. But I should get into a chinese mode, and stop making silly mistakes. Like yesterday I wrote 唱when I meant 喝cos they're similar, and only realised when I was doing a different paper when that character came up again xD

Just have to hope the listening section isn't full of unfamiliar vocab I guess =/

cara.mel

Chinese SL
« Reply #91 on: November 22, 2007, 05:44:07 pm »
FINISHED :D:D:D

Only 2 things I had to fudge in the listening, which is awesome, didn't hear completely about homework and uniform parts.
Wrote about the 'persuade to go to the beach' one

Oh, and was anyone else concerned in the email screenshot it was 12:22am, and they had msn running? xD

Edit - actually, that reading and responding was pretty involved comprehending it wise, now I think about it

lyn123

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Chinese SL
« Reply #92 on: November 22, 2007, 09:00:08 pm »
YESSS ! HOW DOABLE WAS THAT EXAM ! omg . i was like wowwww ! lol. but the reading and responding in chinese killed me . i waffled on like crazy . and i lost a mark cos in the why did the man recommend the airlines i wrote "a) it was cheap for china airlines b) shorter flight time compared to japan airlines c) 15% discount for the child" BUT IT WAS ACTUALLY SUPPOSED TO BE 25% discount ! O.O and also .. what did you write for "why did the custome choose australia airlines?" lolol.. that one was abit weird .. and i didnt know that you could just take answers out from the text word for word ! so i spent AGESSS writing my own answers -_- sounds all mixed up .. messy handwriting -_- andd i did the beach one also ! :) it was alright . lol i spelt two characters wrong -_- 'fan zheng" i wrote the wrong two characters .. so i guess another mark taken off there ? lol i dont know if my 43 raw is possible anymore .. my chinese replies weren't that great :( all mixed up and muddled with messy writing -____- oh and what did you write about the features of chinese sms? lol !
Music: Group Performance

Literature
Methods
Chemistry
Chinese SL
Biology

All I need is a 90-94 ENTER :(

cara.mel

Chinese SL
« Reply #93 on: November 23, 2007, 07:52:49 am »
oh crap I forgot about the 25% off thing, I just said it was cheaper :K and that the shorter flight was suitable for kids
I said they chose australia one because that went directly to beijing. i think.

The sms thing I was mainly copying sentences from the passage. A few of them I reworded, but mostly it looked like it was copy and paste =/

kingmar

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Non Sequitur
  • Respect: +2
Chinese SL
« Reply #94 on: November 23, 2007, 02:03:06 pm »
Quote from: "cara.mel"
oh crap I forgot about the 25% off thing, I just said it was cheaper :K and that the shorter flight was suitable for kids
I said they chose australia one because that went directly to beijing. i think.

The sms thing I was mainly copying sentences from the passage. A few of them I reworded, but mostly it looked like it was copy and paste =/

cara, you're right about that.

I don't know about the 25% off thing. I didn't write that, because it wasn't directly related. We don't know the old pricing for Australia Airlines, so I believe that the 25% off is incorrect. It is just there to help you work out how many people are going (2 adults 1 child).
ENTER: Incomprehensibly high

cara.mel

Chinese SL
« Reply #95 on: November 23, 2007, 03:15:31 pm »
I dont think it was *directly* related, but it might have been good to chuck in that kids tickets were 75% the price, just to show off you understand it.

I think I filled up the lines to each question, and then proceeded to stop thinking :( stupid headaches

rustic_metal

Re: Chinese SL
« Reply #96 on: December 01, 2007, 12:49:58 pm »
this subject would be soooo hard if you didnt know any chinese

cara.mel

« Reply #97 on: December 01, 2007, 06:57:02 pm »
I am as non background as they come, and I found chinese a whole lot easier than german in years 7 + 8 (we had to do both), hence why I continued this one :P

rustic_metal

« Reply #98 on: December 01, 2007, 07:18:08 pm »
i meant if you didn't know any by the end of year 12

Collin Li

• VCE Tutor
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +17
« Reply #99 on: December 01, 2007, 08:56:27 pm »

Uhm, yeah, stating the obvious?  :2funny:
« Last Edit: December 01, 2007, 08:59:25 pm by coblin »

kingmar

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Non Sequitur
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #100 on: December 01, 2007, 09:08:12 pm »
this subject would be soooo hard if you didnt know any chinese

No shit, sherlock.
ENTER: Incomprehensibly high

eilatan

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
« Reply #101 on: November 11, 2008, 09:23:00 pm »
I didn't do it from Year 7 - 10.

I only chose Chinese this year because it
A) scales so fantastically
B) Less effort to get a 40 than spesh
C) Why learn a new language (jap) when you can revise an old one?

Chinese :P
sigh. i feel like u guys doing chinese put me to shame cos i'm chinese, i was born here but i don't know any mandarin and can only understand conversational cantonese lol

and yes it would be a lot less effort than spec. lol why did i choose to do spec??? i'm so dumb for an asian! LOL

cara.mel

« Reply #102 on: November 11, 2008, 09:55:22 pm »
If you have background it is good :P Otherwise stay the hell away if you are doing it in the hope of getting a good study score

I got 34 and I studied my arse off (probably only put more effort into English). It ended up not counting towards my enter at all.
Kingmar pretty much didnt study at all and got 33

The difference? He has background, I don't.

eilatan

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
« Reply #103 on: November 12, 2008, 08:35:08 pm »
yeah well i've finished yr 12 this yr anyway. if only i went to a school that taught it also. that would have helped me to make the decision to choose to do a language lol. our school only offers italian and even though 'apparently' i was good at it when we did it from yr 7-9...it's like...i'm chinese, who am i going to talk to in italian?? anywho...learning chinese would have really benefitted me lol