Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 11:23:50 am

Author Topic: Exam Review  (Read 4901 times)  Share 

lyrawr

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Exam Review
« on: November 15, 2007, 05:20:12 pm »
Woow its done!

the exam was really good for france/russia [in that order for me].
although, there were some pretty stupid questions, like the second essay question where we were asked to dicuss the 'difficulties' faced.
wtf?
what kind of a question on a vce exam asks for difficulties?!

anyway
i had fun writing it
[because im a history NERD]

and now im feeling kinda empty and sad that i wont get to have anymore history classes... until uni, of course.

knowing me, im probably gonna pick up my old text books half way through the summer and start re-learning the course... lol@me.

anyway, how did everyone else find it?
2006 - theatre -
2007 - lit - revs - media - legal - drama -
Aiming for an Enter of 88+

Odette

Exam Review
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 05:22:14 pm »
I don't do the subject myself, but most of my friends who do history-revs, said it was alright, not as hard as they thought it would be.

abcat

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +1
Exam Review
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 05:35:46 pm »
Did the exam for Russia then France.

Pretty good exam, not hard; all questions had enough to write on. The difficulties question was a bit of a joke, I did that essay too and just assumed difficulties to mean crises. Bit of a crap word to use in terms of history.

In terms of how I went, alright. My Russia answers I was happy with, but France was pretty poor, made little sense of the graphic and my essay was very poorly worded. Would've liked to have studied for this subject but didn't have time, concentrated on other subject. So unfortunately I didn't know much about the French, especially AOS2.

Hopefully I can still scrape a mid 30, my sac's are A+, ranked first. I do a lot better with open-book, being able to plan and have evidence on hand. Of course the exam isn't like that heheh. Aiming for mid to high 50s on the exam. I tend to be hard on myself though so maybe I did better. Hopefully :)

I'm a huge history fan as well, love learning it, not the biggest fan of writing about it however heheh. The revolutions course was really interesting, just I can't be bothered writing exams about it :D

Capricious

Re: Exam Review
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 05:39:35 pm »
Quote from: "lyrawr"
Woow its done!

the exam was really good for france/russia [in that order for me].
although, there were some pretty stupid questions, like the second essay question where we were asked to dicuss the 'difficulties' faced.
wtf?
what kind of a question on a vce exam asks for difficulties?!

anyway
i had fun writing it
[because im a history NERD]

and now im feeling kinda empty and sad that i wont get to have anymore history classes... until uni, of course.

knowing me, im probably gonna pick up my old text books half way through the summer and start re-learning the course... lol@me.

anyway, how did everyone else find it?

Everything was great until Russia extract (Section A: Part 2), I screwed up the 6m 'Using your knowledge' as I only mentioned War Comm. and forgot all about the Treaty of Brest-Litovsk and the early decrees (Decree on Land etc) I am so so pissed off (question was economic problems of 1918)...

But I am feeling kinda empty, I was a huge nerd this year too and I wanted the exam to be later not because I wasn't ready, but because I loved my revolutions too much haha

How many marks do you think you can lose and still get 47+ 50 is out of range now that I lost about 3 marks on a 6m and I'm fairly sure I stuffed up a few comprehension questions...

Oh the essay! Difficulties? I wrote on that one but it was so so easy, especially for America

Overall the exam was incredibly easy which means it's going to be harder to get good marks...god dammit

millstone

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +1
Exam Review
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2007, 05:42:21 pm »
found it easy enough cept for the france doco and the NATURE of the bols question wtf is the nature sposed to mean

didn't finish my essay but oh well
i'm confident i got over 30 haha hope that doesn't bite me in the ass on december 17th

sad about not learning about russia anymore
GOOD RIDDANCE TO FRANCE

lyrawr

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
Exam Review
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2007, 08:09:42 pm »
Quote from: "millstone"
found it easy enough cept for the france doco and the NATURE of the bols question wtf is the nature sposed to mean

yeah, i was confused about the nature of the bol. party too... i assumed it meant their party lines and such.. aw well.

lol, glad to see im not the only one with an empty feeling from finishing history...
2006 - theatre -
2007 - lit - revs - media - legal - drama -
Aiming for an Enter of 88+

Pie 4 Life

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2007, 11:00:28 am »
I'm a Year 11, who did Year 12 History this year and took a risk. I did Russia for Part 1 and America for Part 2. I felt I went alright, however the second part on the Russia section was difficult because we'd never seen the document before  :-\ But I was still happy overall  :)

evidya

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2020, 05:46:25 pm »
yeah totally