Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 06:32:35 pm

Author Topic: Japanese SL?  (Read 4311 times)  Share 

onlyfknhuman

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +1
Re: Japanese SL?
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2008, 06:11:32 pm »
what did you get for a your sacs and exam and oral mark? for a 32

thats sort of what im aiming for

all thats left now is the end of year written exam hope it goes well
English - VCD - Methods - Physics - Chemistry - Art - Japanese

give me the name list of all the hot chicks u know  ;)

Aurelie.

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +1
Re: Japanese SL?
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2008, 12:48:19 am »
For a 32 my three grades with my study score were: A, B+, A
I never dropped below an A on any SAC, so I only got a B+ for Unit 4 after it was standardized I think.
How do you think you went on your Oral exam?? Both exams really arent as scary as your teacher probably makes them out to be (mine did!)
In my oral last year, I made quite a few mistakes and made up sentences occasionally; they don't expect you to be perfect. I'm a big talker with my hands too, and my teacher'd told me to try not to make gestures as I was speaking. In the exam, I couldn't help it, so I let my hands fly in my lap and a full on whacked the table, the sound like reverberated around the room (mortifying!) < so it's okay if you made mistakes
Same goes for your written exam, the examiners DO NOT expect you to be perfect. They expect you to be competent & relatively sensical; like a student studying japanese.
It isn't exactly an easy exam though either. I found the listening most challenging.. make sure you do lots of practice (leading edge & past exams are good) and get a few generic sentences encompassing most - if not all - grammar patterns that you can manipulate and utilise in the exam. You have the dictionary in the reading and written areas, so don't stress too much if your kanji and that aren't perfect, either. And know your text types!! They can save you in the written section.
We had to have a written piece in at least once a week, but if you havent been doing that, its not too late to get a heap done, even if they don't get corrected, you've still got the practice there and it will help.
~ Aura ~

social science, anyone?!