Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 06:00:11 am

Author Topic: THE EXAM  (Read 3073 times)  Share 

bec

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +1
THE EXAM
« on: November 21, 2007, 05:07:29 pm »
so...it's finally over.
what did everyone think?

a mon avis, the exam was ridiculous...i mean, 12 marks for a single reading comp question when the essay's only 15 marks? whaaa?
i possible made up 20% (ok i lie, 40%) of my answers.

anyway, share your thoughts!

melanie.dee

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
THE EXAM
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 05:37:24 pm »
yeh pretty effing hard imo. like way worse than any of the practice ones iv done.

i also invented a word in my essay and used it twice and i knew it was wrong but i wrote it and was like ill find another word later and i ran out of time juuust as i was looking it up in the dictionary, and i can think of a really stupid grammar mistake i did there too.

that disadvantages/advantages question was ridiculous! i just made shit up an seperated things into stupid little things cos there didnt seem to be enough there. and 12 MARKS! wtf

all in all. i hated it. goodbye 40

reg

THE EXAM
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2007, 05:41:58 pm »
got 8/30 on the listening.

goodbye 30.

melanie.dee

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
THE EXAM
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2007, 05:43:32 pm »
hey dont worry, i havnt heard aaaanyone who didnt find that listening really hard including myself. i usually get near full marks minus one or two for listening, and i deeefintely lost AT LEAST 5 on that i think. just for the listening bit.

Pencil

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +3
THE EXAM
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2007, 06:00:32 pm »
I FUCKED IT.

melanie.dee

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
THE EXAM
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2007, 06:04:15 pm »
:( damn iv only heard bad stories so far

try not to get too stressed goosefraba i think lots of people did. including myself. at least you went well in the oral to back it up, i mucked that up too so i was kinda counting on this. damn. that was so retarded and some of those reading questions were weird too

reg

THE EXAM
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2007, 06:08:04 pm »
pretty sure the exam writer deserves to be beheaded

bec

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
THE EXAM
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2007, 08:05:26 pm »
Actually, even though my last comment still stands, I think we all probably did better than we thought...
I came out of the exam absolutely shattered, but (after just a few tears) I've been thinking about it and I'm just so glad the mark that counts isn't the mark we get, but how we go compared to everyone else. The whole state had to sit through the same exam and everyone I've spoken to found it hard.
and hey, that means that the people who get 80% could get 50s! (although I seriously doubt it...)

The exam was bad, it didn't really test our French but our ability to pull a ridiculous number of things from a tiny text. I understood every single word in that European Union thing but I think I got so much of it wrong anyway.
BUT this said, we all had to suffer through the same thing, so in terms of our "ranking", I'm hoping that nothing much would have changed. I mean, all of you are REALLY good at french so it would take more than a pathetic exam to stop you from being some of the best in Victoria.

Also, I looked up the VCE thing to find out what the exam counts for, and it's only 37.5%. So it's actually pretty good in that it allows for stuff-ups in the oral, and a shocking exam but you can still do well.

I was upset before... but I've learnt so much French this year and improved a lot, and really that's why I go to school.

Possibly need to say goodbye to a scholarship to uni, but there are other ways!

That's my two cents.

PS..FREEDOM! until i start it all again in yr 12 next year... but actual freedom for you!!

melanie.dee

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
THE EXAM
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2007, 11:40:43 pm »
Quote from: "bec"
The exam was bad, it didn't really test our French but our ability to pull a ridiculous number of things from a tiny text. I understood every single word in that European Union thing but I think I got so much of it wrong anyway.
BUT this said, we all had to suffer through the same thing, so in terms of our "ranking", I'm hoping that nothing much would have changed. I mean, all of you are REALLY good at french so it would take more than a pathetic exam to stop you from being some of the best in Victoria.

thats what pisses me off too! i understood every single thing in that EU thing too, but they asked ridiculously question that wernt related to our french ability but to our ability to i duno yeh pull 30 thousand bits of information from a tiny text, and our ability to understand what vague ambigious questions actualyl wanted

and thats kinda the thing like my french ISNT good enough to with stand a horrible exam. cos there are those that have done 6month and yr long exchanges that could understand it no amtter how hard the lsitening was, then theres people like us that can understand it and get it all right if its at the level its supposed to be at for us, but not ridiculous stuff. so thsoe fluent people will still go aweosme. but then us :( oh well. yeh at least everyone else has found it really hard too

meatloaf_911

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Merde c'etait si difficle!
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2007, 01:17:52 pm »
I thought that the listening section of the French Exam was definitely too hard. I was almost in tears after it finished because I had to make most of it up, despite usually doing quite well at listening. It was only after the exam when I spoke to the other girls that I realised no one had been able to get any answers, and that it was apparently too challenging and inarticulate for the rest of my class (who vary in ability) to understand. The first reading comprehension passage was also a bit ambiguous as you had to infer the advantages and disadvantages, but the second part was great and very straightforward. I was disappointed with the imaginative topic for the writing section, so I decided to write the evaluative speech on why computers are important. Overall, I was disappointed because of the listening section, but everyone was so glad to finish that nobody really cared! Congratulations Class of 07! All the best for your future endeavours.