Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 25, 2024, 01:41:57 pm

Author Topic: Middle Band-Enhancement Studies  (Read 1891 times)  Share 

Damo17

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +8
Middle Band-Enhancement Studies
« on: October 26, 2008, 09:47:42 pm »
How much can doing very well (HD) in an enhancement subject help you if you don't get the clearly in ENTER for a course?

I want to do Bachelor of Science Advanced with Honours which needs a 95.5 clearly in ENTER. Is it possible that if I get say between 92-95, and do really well in my enhancement subject next year that I could get in with a low ENTER?
2011: Science - ANU

cara.mel

Re: Middle Band-Enhancement Studies
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 09:52:15 pm »
To be honest it's no different to a normal science degree here except it sounds nicer. Don't come here if you like pure maths it gets shunned a bit and our strengths are the applied stuff (atmosphere, astrophysics etc)

But to answer the question, I don't know :P All I know is each year the people getting into it grows.

Damo17

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008, 09:57:09 pm »
To be honest it's no different to a normal science degree here except it sounds nicer. Don't come here if you like pure maths it gets shunned a bit and our strengths are the applied stuff (atmosphere, astrophysics etc)

But to answer the question, I don't know :P All I know is each year the people getting into it grows.

Isn't it supposed to be more flexible?
I love applied maths more than pure so I might fit in nicely. I like to know the pure maths, but more so, learn to apply it to everyday occurrences.

cara.mel

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2008, 10:03:29 pm »
Yeah I guess you could say that. You can do 3rd year units in 2nd year etc and its pretty easy to get approval for it if you don't meet prereqs yet. (although I don't know if it's also easy for normal science due to I haven't met a person considering it)

Damo17

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2008, 10:08:24 pm »
Yeah, that seems right from what i've read on their site. Thanks for the help :)

Damo17

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2008, 05:35:45 pm »
Does anyone know anything else?