Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 07:42:57 pm

Author Topic: Feedback for my Lit Essay  (Read 5419 times)  Share 

melanie.dee

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +1
Feedback for my Lit Essay
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2007, 12:44:38 pm »
holy fuck hhhaah. the ones i wrote were only text essays, not including any other writing tasks iv done during the year. but still ha jeez.

i really should go study. aaaaaah dear. why am i so unmotivated.

what kind of score are you aiming for? 50? haha. you would want tobe, otherwise i am going to be very scared ha

BA22

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2007, 12:45:56 pm »
Yeh, i'd really love 50, so that's my aim . .hopefully, it is the most competitve subject tho, so 47+ would be fantastic

melanie.dee

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2007, 12:50:07 pm »
well id say you have a good chance of getting it with that amount of practice! i wish i was motivated enough to do that. im going to regret my lack of work so much, i know it.

anyway hopefully i can still pull low a mark somewhere in the low 40s. my probably will be time.

for say 43.. what kind of marks out of 10 do you need..

BA22

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2007, 12:53:05 pm »
it's so hard to tell, but i'd say you'd struggle if any essay was below 8, especially the text responses

Eriny

• The lamp of enlightenment
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +100
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2007, 12:57:30 pm »
Quote from: "BA22"
yeh, i was told the same thing for english, essay writing and knowledge becomes natrual if you do a high volume of it, how many lit essays have you done this year?

Throughout the year, I don't know, countless. Recently, not that many. I've written rather comprehensive notes for my other text (Judith Wright's poems) but only 2 full essays about them. For Sugar and Other Stories I've written an essay for every story throughout term 3 and 4, as well as a couple of exam-type essays. I doubt that I'll be able to improve very much before the exam and I feel quite confident about my knowledge of the texts, I'm just curious as to what study score I'll get and what other's perceive my weaknesses to be.

I was glad my teacher told me not to worry about the exam, because I really can't be bothered writing any more essays! I have limited motivation at this stage. Last year I was writing a practise essay every day! Lol.

BA22

« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2007, 01:02:01 pm »
yeh, i suppose lit's a lot different to english that way. Knowledge is key to lit to able to discuss the stimulus materia in great detail, but the exam is really cool. Two essays in 2 hours is so much more relaxed than the hectic english mad rush. If you're teacher beleives your writing is fine, then just revising notes would be fine for lit

Eriny

• The lamp of enlightenment
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +100
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2007, 01:43:01 pm »

I like Lit heaps better than English for that reason. Plus, there's so much more freedom in what you can choose to write about which is really good.