Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 26, 2024, 07:42:21 am

Author Topic: EXAM THOUGHTS  (Read 2453 times)  Share 

cobby

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +7
EXAM THOUGHTS
« on: November 06, 2008, 05:20:29 pm »
How did everyone go?...did VCAA live up to their year of hard exams??
2008 - Economics
2009 - Maths Methods CAS
          English
          I.T Apps
          P.E

Chihiro

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +1
Re: EXAM THOUGHTS
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 06:21:14 pm »
Ummm it really depends on what text you did. Although the passages for Washington Square and King Lear were pretty decent (bit more Edmund would've been nice in the latter), I was a bit disappointed with how I went. I think that's because they weren't as good as the practice essays I'd done and some stuff which I ussually always incorporate just slipped my mind. Still I'm just praying for that 40+... I hope everyone else went well and you got passages you wanted.

Avocado

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 08:11:10 pm »
For all those who did Donne:

FRIGGEN SONG!! How dare they give us Song!!! This shoulda been the year of the Relic, damnit!!
lol, o well, still a decent collection though, i was pleased with Hymn to Christ.

How much did everyone write?? I don't think anyone asked for a second script book at our school... i only just filled one book

glad to be done with donne =D

iamdan08

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • VCE Survivor
  • Respect: +7
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 08:28:05 pm »
Hmmm, i'd say i wrote anywhere between 800-900 words for both, i wrote more for my second essay though. hard to say. Nobody filled up their script books either.  :)
2007-08 VCE - Accounting, Texts & Traditions, Methods, Chem, Physics, Lit

2011 Bachelor of Biomedicine (Completed) @ The University of Melbourne
2012 Doctor of Medicine (Second Year) @ The University of Melbourne

kpi_125

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2008, 09:38:48 pm »
I filled up my script book, although my handwriting was BIGGGGG for the last 2 pages, haha.

amyminchin

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Finished...
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2008, 09:47:49 pm »
OMG DEATH.

Kinsella passages= the three poems i didn't do indepth study on
HS= patriotism passages WUT?

thx VCAA, screw me over why don't you.
alas, i think i bluffed trhough both ok, but not nearly my best work. hopefully my ranking will pull me up.
english.further.psych.lit.media
ENTER of 85.05

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes. - Douglas Adams

2009-
Arts/Teaching (Secondary) at ACU

hickey

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2008, 10:05:50 pm »
Year of hard exams is right! Out of my four exams so far I've felt that only one of them wasn't unreasonably difficult. The passages for This Boy's Life were a bit obscure, and I didn't think Much Ado About Nothing were great either. All of the practice exams that we've done were way better, and I'm knew those books back to front.

rustic_metal

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2008, 10:53:03 pm »
I did Hedda Gabler and Washington Square and reckon I did alright. The Hedda Gabler passages i found to be particularly good; almost all characters were represented (except Thea), and the third passage was the climax of the play. I wrote three  pages or so, which is about 800 words for me. Washington Square I thought had a decent first two passages; Dr. Sloper, Mrs. Penniman and Mrs. Almost all being detailed, while Morris was referred to. Passage #3 was not as good as the other two in my opinion, but i still wrote on it. It dealt with similar issues (Dr. Sloper's psyche) as passage #1 and seemingly went backwards from the natural progression from passages #1 to #2. I wrote about 3 and a half pages for WS which is 900 or so words. Using a standard descriptor I'm pretty sure I'm looking at 17s/18s so I'm very happy with the exam over all. :)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 11:02:02 pm by rustic_metal »

julezian

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2008, 11:27:09 pm »
Year of hard exams is right! Out of my four exams so far I've felt that only one of them wasn't unreasonably difficult. The passages for This Boy's Life were a bit obscure, and I didn't think Much Ado About Nothing were great either. All of the practice exams that we've done were way better, and I'm knew those books back to front.

omg how shit were they

i had a hard time relating dogberry and verges passage
id done a prac exam with passages 1 and 3 in the same exam and a more relevant passage 2 but the DB and V passage threw me off
ended up writing about honour and hierachy
how about u?

hickey

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2008, 09:21:20 pm »
I wrote about the deceptive nature of appearances - Benedick and Beatrice appearing to be scorners of love (although the passages weren't great for this), the ease with which Claudio is deceived by Don John into believing that the obviously chaste and decent Hero is "disloyal", the fact that the Watch seem absolutely incompetent but they uncover Don John's villainy when others cannot. I actually found passage two a lot better than three - in terms of my interpretation at least.