Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 06:29:43 pm

Author Topic: What does this mean?  (Read 2694 times)  Share 

hard

What does this mean?
« on: November 19, 2008, 04:50:43 pm »
http://monash.edu/study/enhancement/criminaljustice.html

Study mode option   
Off-campus learning (distance education)

Location of classes   Enhancement centres
Monash University, Gippsland Campus

it says that it is off campus but then it says that classes are located in monash university gippsland campus.
Do they offer it at a school closer to the city or around northern suburbs? Or is it only gippsland?

rh

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +7
Re: What does this mean?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 05:03:18 pm »
i don't think they offer it at any schools.

you can either go to the gippsland campus for classes, or do it by distance education.

hard

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 07:00:49 pm »
i don't think they offer it at any schools.

you can either go to the gippsland campus for classes, or do it by distance education.

how do you do distance education though? Wouldn't you need someone qualified to teach it?

rh

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 07:12:27 pm »
Enhancement students receive comprehensive study materials which are designed to guide them through the work week by week and may be delivered online. Depending on the subject, students may have the opportunity to attend on-campus sessions once or twice per semester. They will also have telephone and email access to University staff.

http://www.monash.edu.au/study/enhancement/prospective/espbrochure.pdf

hard

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2008, 07:25:09 pm »
thanx man.

but just one question that the brochure doesn't answer.

By distance education, does it mean that i have to find a teacher that teaches it or find a school that offers or actually learn the course by myself?

rh

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2008, 07:29:45 pm »
they send you all the work, and you learn the course by yourself. and as it says, you can contact a teacher from the uni by email or phone for help, if you need it.

distance ed seems ok, but going to classes would be way more fun imo. sucks it's only offered in gippsland.

hard

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2008, 07:53:16 pm »
they send you all the work, and you learn the course by yourself. and as it says, you can contact a teacher from the uni by email or phone for help, if you need it.

distance ed seems ok, but going to classes would be way more fun imo. sucks it's only offered in gippsland.

yer it would suck i mean the whole point of umep or muep is to actually experience uni life

mark_alec

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +30
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2008, 11:17:16 pm »
yer it would suck i mean the whole point of umep or muep is to actually experience uni life
No, it is to offer a more advanced subject choice for high achieving students. UMEP maths is only offered at schools, has no on-campus time, and is a subject that you cannot take at university.

hard

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2008, 11:18:13 pm »
No, it is to offer a more advanced subject choice for high achieving students. UMEP maths is only offered at schools, has no on-campus time, and is a subject that you cannot take at university.

i don't want to do UMEP maths...