Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 10:11:17 am

Author Topic: Persistence  (Read 1130 times)  Share 

dekoyl

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +18
Persistence
« on: November 23, 2008, 11:47:56 pm »
Let say things come down to the worst and they reject me from UMEP Maths. I'm not sure how universities work but say I was extremely persistent, going all the way to meeting them face to face to explain why they should reconsider accepting me, showing my passion and explaining why I had been getting poor grades?

I know there is still some time before the selection stage but I want to be ready as it's hard to get into contact with teachers and whatnot in the holidays.

In a previous thread, enwiabe said his teacher campaigned for him so I'm wondering if it'll work for my case.

Because the head of maths does UMEP maths at my school and is my teacher this year (and likely next year), if I don't get in I'm planning on to have a long talk with him and attend the classes whilst continuously battle with UoM for my acceptance. (This might sound far-fetched and melodramatic but it's just ideas :P)

I'm not exactly sure what he wrote for my recommendation and haven't had a chance to ask him because of the exams but hopefully it was something nice.  ::)

PS.If GMA score was A/A+ and physics A and methods high thirties, would this be enough?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 12:07:02 am by dekoyl »

ed_saifa

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +5
Re: Persistence
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 12:19:27 pm »
PS.If GMA score was A/A+ and physics A and methods high thirties, would this be enough?
I'm sure that would be enough to get in. They're not as strict as they appear.
[IMG]http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/2506/avatarcg3.png[/img]
(\ /)
(0.o)
(><)
/_|_\

"It's not a community effort"
"It's not allowed. Only death is a valid excuse"
"Probably for the first time time this year I was totally flabbergasted by some of the 'absolute junk' I had to correct .... I was going to use 'crap' but that was too kind a word"
"How can you expect to do well when
-you draw a lemon as having two half-cells connected with a salt bridge
-your lemons come with Cu2+ ions built in" - Dwyer
"Why'd you score so bad?!" - Zotos
"Your arguments are seri

rh

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +7
Re: Persistence
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 07:06:37 pm »
if you feel you need to explain your grades and show your passion for the subject, you could write them a letter and send it along with your application form.

edited for shite wording.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 07:30:38 pm by rh »