Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 06:14:37 pm

Author Topic: BM Study Group  (Read 3099 times)  Share 

Odette

BM Study Group
« on: October 29, 2007, 07:49:54 am »
Hey everyone, I was just wondering if you wanted to do some sort of collective study or something... like during the week of the bus man exam we start revising together... on here or on msn or something.
Let me know what you think :)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 11:49:40 pm by brendan »

Odette

Business Management Revision
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 08:32:28 pm »
I take that as a no... hmm okie dokie then... just thought it might help us all revise but its ok...

brendan

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2007, 08:36:38 pm »
Quote from: "Odette"
I take that as a no... hmm okie dokie then... just thought it might help us all revise but its ok...

lol

Odette

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2007, 08:47:46 pm »
Quote from: "brendan"
Quote from: "Odette"

lol

Hehe =]

KryptoN_

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2007, 05:31:58 pm »
Just curious, but how would revision over msn work? Just ask each other questions?

While we're on the topic, how do you guys revise? I know some people like to type up note sheets, but I like.. tried that and it's so boring just staring at a piece of paper! Personally, I've been a bit slack, I've done like 3 practice exams over 5 weeks :(.
2007: Business Management (46), History: Revolutions (35)
2008: Chemistry, English, LOTE: French, Maths Methods

Odette

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2007, 05:36:09 pm »
Quote from: "KryptoN_"
Just curious, but how would revision over msn work? Just ask each other questions?

While we're on the topic, how do you guys revise? I know some people like to type up note sheets, but I like.. tried that and it's so boring just staring at a piece of paper! Personally, I've been a bit slack, I've done like 3 practice exams over 5 weeks :(.

Yeah basically ask each other questions, in a group chat sorta thing... it looks like that wont happen though...
anyways i tend to find it helpful doing heaps of key content questions (checkpoints) they help heaps!! oh ive done like about 7 exams for bus man, but i wont touch bus man til the week of the exam lol ...

joshuamorgan

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2007, 06:33:18 pm »
Ha, for a minute there I thought Odette wasn't gonna post today (she posts each day)! How mistaken I was...

I like to write summary notes - it's a good way of remembering the content. Concept maps also help to link each of the areas of studies so that you can understand how they relate.

Like Odette, I think exposure to examination-style questions, such as doing past exams, practice exams, Checkpoints, etc. is essential. Also, building a good glossary (and attempting to remember those definitions) and some sort of an example 'database' is also wise (examiners in the past have noted that many students fail to provide examples).

Best of luck to all!

joshuamorgan

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2007, 06:42:15 pm »
Oh, also I've found that by doing past exams, you can gain an understanding of how to approach certain questions. With my other 3/4 unit, VET IT for example, I've found that the process of elimination is useful when there appears to be no apparent answer.

Odette

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2007, 06:43:27 pm »
Quote from: "joshuamorgan"
Ha, for a minute there I thought Odette wasn't gonna post today (she posts each day)! How mistaken I was...

I like to write summary notes - it's a good way of remembering the content. Concept maps also help to link each of the areas of studies so that you can understand how they relate.

Like Odette, I think exposure to examination-style questions, such as doing past exams, practice exams, Checkpoints, etc. is essential. Also, building a good glossary (and attempting to remember those definitions) and some sort of an example 'database' is also wise (examiners in the past have noted that many students fail to provide examples).

Best of luck to all!

Gee Lol!! No need to be mean :( fine i wont post in bus man til ive done the exam... let's see if i can do it!

joshuamorgan

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2007, 06:57:19 pm »
I didn't mean to offend - merely pointing out a fact.

I place $10 that you can't - I remember your attempt at leaving Bored of Studies :P

Odette

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2007, 07:02:29 pm »
Quote from: "joshuamorgan"
I didn't mean to offend - merely pointing out a fact.

I place $10 that you can't - I remember your attempt at leaving Bored of Studies :P

No really i mean it i wont post anything in the bus man section til ive done the exam... !!!

joshuamorgan

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2007, 07:05:12 pm »
Ha, if you want.

I tried a 'no MySpace until 3/4 exams are over' (yes, I use MySpace...) thing - it lasted a few hours :P

costargh

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2007, 08:11:09 pm »
But you can cheat the system and just go check ur comments by accessing your page directly thru ur url lol... i know the loopholes of sayin 'no myspace'
 :lol:

Odette

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2007, 08:13:20 pm »
BACK ON TOPIC PEOPLE!!
Anyone in need of help with bus.man just let me know =]