Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 08:03:43 pm

Author Topic: UMEP Applications  (Read 4122 times)  Share 

Guideme

• Forum Regular
  • Help me get the ATAR i want! :)
  • Respect: 0
UMEP Applications
« on: October 01, 2017, 09:53:01 pm »
Hi everyone,
After checking the University Enhancement Program Application for Monash University, i will need to post my VCE study score for my 3/4 subjects as well as my semester 2 reports. However, i will be at china and many sites are blocked there for instance youtube, gmail, dropbox..... My main concern is that i may not be able to visit the Vtac website or Compass and submit the required documents to Monash Uni. I am currently using a gmail account so i would need to make a different email account.
So can anyone suggest a web based email browser that would work in china
Furthermore, if i am unable to visit these websites can anyone give me some advice on this problem?

Also, if you know whether you can access compass and Vtac website overseas pls tell me.

Thank you in advance!

Mod edit: Moved to Monash Uni extension program board. Please review where you are posting before you do so :)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 02:23:58 pm by Aaron »
:0 :)

Alwin

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +241
Re: UMEP Applications
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 02:16:38 pm »
+1
Hi everyone,
After checking the University Enhancement Program Application for Monash University, i will need to post my VCE study score for my 3/4 subjects as well as my semester 2 reports. However, i will be at china and many sites are blocked there for instance youtube, gmail, dropbox..... My main concern is that i may not be able to visit the Vtac website or Compass and submit the required documents to Monash Uni. I am currently using a gmail account so i would need to make a different email account.
So can anyone suggest a web based email browser that would work in china
Furthermore, if i am unable to visit these websites can anyone give me some advice on this problem?

Also, if you know whether you can access compass and Vtac website overseas pls tell me.

Thank you in advance!

I think I was also in China when results came out for my year 11 subjects and the VTAC website wasn't blocked. But that was quite a few years ago!

In terms of accessing a blocked website, your simplest option will be a VPN. I use the Monash VPN which won't be an option for you, but there are plenty of others out there (many of them free). Here's a quick list for you: https://www.quora.com/Which-is-the-most-used-free-VPN-in-China-as-of-2016

Alternatively, you can always organise for someone else in Australia to work things out for you or create a hotmail account.
2012:  Methods [48] Physics [49]
2013:  English [40] (oops) Chemistry [46] Spesh [42] Indo SL [34] Uni Maths: Melb UMEP [4.5] Monash MUEP [just for a bit of fun]
2014:  BAeroEng/BComm

A pessimist says a glass is half empty, an optimist says a glass is half full.
An engineer says the glass has a safety factor of 2.0