Archived Discussion > English Exams

English (Paper 1): Discussion, Questions & Potential Solutions

(1/11) > >>

Joseph41:
Post all exam discussion and sample solutions for Paper 1 here!

iimooncabbageii:
Can't believe they made us do two long short answers.

Razeen25:

--- Quote from: iimooncabbageii on October 18, 2018, 01:13:16 pm ---Can't believe they made us do two long short answers.

--- End quote ---

This. No 1-2 markers :((. Also I was surprised how this time, the question asking us to compare Two texts wasn’t even the last question like usual. Short answers were too hard.

Also, do you guys reckon the creative which was “Compose a piece of imaginative writing that portrays two different perspectives of discovery” can be interpreted as two different TYPES of discovery or two different characters personal perspectives? Cause lol I just wrote my creative oops

Hatem:
For the essay question, I agreed with one of the points and disagreed with the other, is that allowed?

dcesaona:
Bloody hell. That was a hard exam.

The comprehension structure was wack, I felt like I had to regain myself constantly when working through it. That 'discoveries lead to altered perspectives' 5 marker threw me off!! I was answering it as 'altered perspectives can lead to discoveries' and only realised until my last technique that I was answering it wrong. I'm so annoyed with myself. Is there any chance there would be any leniency on that? I still picked out some strong language features that explored the same concept....

The creative. Wtf. Two perspectives. Spent 5 mins contemplating whether or not to chuck in the mother's perspective on the spot, or adapt my story with the one character, put show how her perspective towards discovery changed - initially from discovering the peaceful nature of ballet and her mother, to the cruel nature of both when she was older. That works right? I feel like I need clarification from my peers because this is going to eat away at me forever. And that quote! So multi-faceted! That was like 5 emotions in one. I feel like it worked in correctly but could've been done better.

For the discovery essay I talked about re-discovery and how it can challenge an individual's preconceived perceptions of themselves and the world. Is taking the 're-discovery' angle correct? Re-discovering something is not finding something that is new, it's reconsidering what was once new. Am I correct in thinking that??

Summary: they really pulled out all the tricks. shit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version