Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 30, 2024, 03:03:13 am

Author Topic: What do you want to achieve in 2022?  (Read 2875 times)  Share 

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
What do you want to achieve in 2022?
« on: February 03, 2022, 01:59:44 pm »
+6
Hello! We did a similar thread in 2020, and then again in 2021. I thought we could do something again for goals/things you'd like to achieve in the new year!

I've posted some general questions below to get us started, but feel free to move away from those questions if you think something else will be more relevant.

What are you studying/doing this year?
At the moment, how are you feeling about the year ahead?
Fast forward to December, 2022. What would you like to be able to say about the year?
Do you have specific scores or results that you're aiming for?
What's something you would like to improve on from 2021?
If at all, how do you think your experiences in 2021 will impact the way you study/work/whatever else in 2021?

If you want to copy these questions into your post to use as a bit of a template, you can do so using the code below:

Code: [Select]
[color=#f56e2b]→[/color] What are you studying/doing this year?
[color=#f56e2b]→[/color] At the moment, how are you feeling about the year ahead?
[color=#f56e2b]→[/color] Fast forward to December, 2022. What would you like to be able to say about the year?
[color=#f56e2b]→[/color] Do you have specific scores or results that you're aiming for?
[color=#f56e2b]→[/color] What's something you would like to improve on from 2021?
[color=#f56e2b]→[/color] If at all, how do you think your experiences in 2021 will impact the way you study/work/whatever else in 2021?

Looking forward to some responses and a great thread. :)

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

Golgi Apparatus

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +7
Re: What do you want to achieve in 2022?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2022, 04:13:49 pm »
+7
I’m starting first year of a bachelor of biomedicine at Melbourne uni, and also hopefully getting a casual or part-time job.

Excited and nervous.
Im excited to be starting a new course, learning about things I’m really interested in, going into the city, earning my own money, hopefully making friends and joining clubs.
Im also worried about a lot of things - not finding friends, getting lost (I’ve never been into the city on my own), not getting a job, not being good at my job if I get one, not doing well at university, getting behind, being one of the worst in my course after doing well all through school, expectations from family, my health, my terrible study habits, being more independent…
Overall, I’m pretty pessimistic, but slightly hopeful as well.

Fast forward to December, 2022. What would you like to be able to say about the year?
Mostly, that I’ve done well at university. I also want to make good friends and hopefully get involved in some sort of club. Another big thing is my health, both mental and physical. I haven’t been too focussed on either through school and neither are great. Ideally I’d want them to improve, or at least not get worse than they are.

Not really. I don’t know how university marks work, so it’s hard to aim for specific results at the moment. However, I want to be able to truthfully say that I’ve done the best that I could.

My study skills. Somehow I made it through high school with no consistent routine or study habits, but I know that won’t cut it in uni. However, since I’ve gone for so long without good study habits, I know it will be hard to start now. I have a bit of a procrastination problem, so I mostly just want to not get behind and not leave things to the last minute.

If at all, how do you think your experiences in 2021 will impact the way you study/work/whatever else in 2022?
In terms of studying, unfortunately I don’t think they will. Every new year/term/month I think “this is the year/term/month that I’ll start studying properly/following a routine/working really hard” and I’ll do that for about a week then go back to procrastinating. Hopefully the change of scenery from school to uni will change that though.
Something I have learnt from 2021 is to make the most of things while they last. Through year 12 and even earlier, I mostly focussed on the negative things and often didn’t take any risks or do what I wanted to due to overthinking and worrying about what others would think. Now, when I look back on school, I realise that there were lots of good things, and that I shouldn’t gave worried so much about what others think. Sometimes I wish I could go back to the start of year 12 or even year 7 and start again, and really make the most of it. Since finishing school, it’s really hit me how I’m fully an adult now and I’ll never have certain opportunities again, and I wish I’d made the most of them while I could. Hopefully, I will learn from this and make the most of university.
VCE
2020: Biology
2021: Chemistry | English Language | Further | Methods | Psychology

2022: Bachelor of Biomedicine (UoM)

beep boop

• Trendsetter
  • studying, what is that?
  • Respect: +45
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2022, 04:22:55 pm »
+7
Hi all!
Just saw this board and thought I should post too.

I'm in class of '22 haha. I'm only a couple days in yr 12. Honestly I've changed so much over my high school years and talk to a lot people at school.

A bit scared tbh. We've all seen what the previous cohort has gone thru. Looking back and reflecting from the past 2 years I've looked back and reflect, which has made me learn a lot about myself. I've developed strategies to order to combat things, if lockdown was to happen again. I really hope it doesn't  :'(

I want to be able to say I've tried my best. If I've done everything to the best of ability then hopefully everything will work out. I learnt to worry about what I can control and not to stress out over what I can't.

I don't want to reveal too much here but I hope I can get into my desired course. Guaranteed entry would be good but scholars program would be ever better.

Mental health and self care. Know the times to take a break and reset. Instead of just moving at a slow and exhausted pace. 

If at all, how do you think your experiences in 2021 will impact the way you study/work/whatever else in 2021?
I think no matter what happens that there always be unexpected events and experiences that anything can happen. What we can try to do is to do what we can and make the most of it.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2022, 06:09:50 pm by beep boop »
class of '22
'21: viet sl [36], bio
'22: psych, methods, spesh, chem, eng lang
"Distance makes the heart grow fonder and proximity makes the heart want to barf."-Mr K, Never have I Ever
yr 12 stuff :)

lemurbruv

• Trailblazer
  • hi guys i like school :) (well i'm trying)
  • Respect: +34
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2022, 05:43:51 pm »
+3
Hey guys!! Nice to see everyone here!

- I'm in year 12, class of 2022 less gooooo
- Pretty nervous! I have so much work already and I dunno if I'm going to be able to stay organised. I'm determined to try my best though. My planner is so messy rn and it's overwhelming me so after this I'm to write up all my homework super neat so it's all in one place!!
- I want to look back and say that I tried my best, and not just with school. My NY's resolution was to take better care of myself, whichever form that may take, so I'd like to be able to say that I successfully achieved my goal and prioritised my wellbeing. So far it's gone pretty well, I've made an effort to give myself a decent break every day. Getting up so early (5am) is hard, but I find that not having much time at night to study makes me get through what I need to do faster.
- I really want a 99+ . I think I can achieve it if I absolutely try my hardest. I need a scholarship at uni (want to study in Brisbane, i'm from victoria and would need to relocate) so that's why I'm aiming so high.
- My friendships! I neglected them a bit last year, and it was a bit isolating so I'm already making a conscious effort to hang out with lots of different people as well as build on some strong friendships i've got already.
- COVID definitely taught me a thing or two about sitting at my desk all day! My year 11 exams were great, I was really happy with the way I studied, and it payed off. So this year, I'm going to mimic that, but sort of try and make myself on autopilot all year for study and stuff, especially with my routine. It's already falling apart so I need to just sit down and sort that out, write everything all out, all my thoughts and frustrations and make a detailed plan of attack! Hopefully that all goes well  ;D

Thanks for reading  :)
- Lemur
class of 2022!
my year 12 VCE journal :)
2021: music
2022: english, methods, spesh, chem, french