Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 09:31:33 pm

Author Topic: QUESTION  (Read 3113 times)  Share 

starbuckscoffee

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +1
QUESTION
« on: December 16, 2007, 01:40:50 pm »
How did you remember everything for unit 3? There's so much. I've just finished reading the first chapter and i'm already struggling.

munto

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +6
Re: QUESTION
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 01:51:18 pm »
notes, notes and more notes.
read through the chapter like a tightarse (highlight important points). from there write cohesive notes and continue to do that throughout the year.

golids

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 04:09:57 pm »
bio looks overwhelming but it really isn't that hard to remember the info. what i did was highlight important points in my book so when i went back i only had to read relevant points. as munto said write up simplistic notes. mindmaps are another good idea as they will keep ideas ties together and make it easier for you to link one piece of info to the next

equinox

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2007, 02:56:04 am »
yep.. mind maps work. I had A3 bio mindmaps stuck all over the walls of my study. Helped me remember stuff like phosphoglyceraldehyde.   
Nodders

pillmatic

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2007, 02:18:39 pm »
Yeah its not that bad.If you revise regularly and go over your notes you wont find it that difficult to remember. Bio is also not just about remembering,it is applying that knowledge in unfamiliar situations so make sure you understand the ideas and how they link up.Also when you make your notes, have the syllabus in front of you and tick off each point as you go. I did this in the second semester and it really helped me out.I felt more confident and knew that they will only be testing me on the points mentioned in the syllabus and so when I came across questions I didn't know, I tried to make the connection and see which point they could be asking about.

Ahaha I hope that makes sense.Oh yeah and study hard for sacs, that helps when it comes to exam revision.
07-Biol(42) Eco(38)

azhtey

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2007, 02:38:24 pm »
I didnt study until the night before the second bio exam cos i got an A+ on the midyear which meant i could bum out and get a reasonable score. I managed a C+ which i think is the state avg hahaha. Shows you its not very hard to do ok.
"BROWS"

bturville

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2007, 07:22:58 pm »
Douchy's Biology Podcast. Search it in iTunes and join the forum associated with it, helped me immensely (got a 40+ study score)

They're an in depth, interesting, and convenient way to memorize everything for biol

golids

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2007, 07:35:59 pm »
podcards are good revision tools

http://www.podcards.com.au/