Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 25, 2024, 01:10:51 am

Author Topic: Hi..  (Read 1391 times)  Share 

Catounsolla

• Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
  • Respect: +1
Hi..
« on: January 04, 2010, 06:42:20 am »
Moral dilemna!

Wazzup! Been lurking for a while and decided to sign up and post. 

Well, tbh I had this experience recently. There was this occurence... School was out and I was heading home, I was starving so I dropped into this place for a snack and picked this sandwitch from the menu and took it to a table and sat down after finishing it I realized I had not paid for it!

Yeah evidently they were super busy and distracted because there was this manager/investor type looking around everywhere and talking to them. So I was just about to go up to the counter and say I hadn't paid but then I realized if I did that the owner guy might get mad at the employees. So I just left. What should I have done do you think?

boysenberry

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
Re: Hi..
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 07:23:44 am »
Hmmm...how much did the sandwich cost? :-\

If they were charging a reasonable price I think it would be better if you could pay the money back somehow. But make sure the owner isn't there nearby so that nothing bad happens because of this. Perhaps you could talk to one of the employees of what happened and then pay the money back. Who knows they may give you something good in return for your generosity? ;)

If they were charging a lot for it, then don't pay it. You'll only encourage them to keep screwing people over. Let them burn in Hell.

lolbox

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 07:32:36 am »
You should have paid...

If they were charging a lot for it, then don't pay it. You'll only encourage them to keep screwing people over. Let them burn in Hell.
Thats ridiculous.
Its their product, they get to choose how much they charge. If you don't like the price, don't buy it and definitely don't consume it and then complain about the price after you've already eaten it
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 08:01:40 am by lolbox »

boysenberry

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2010, 08:01:14 am »
You should have paid...

Sorry, didn't see that you were asking about what you should have done not what you should do in future to compensate. Don't worry too much about it now. What's done is done. I guess you could have probably waited until the owner/investor looking guy left, or you could have given the money to another customer and asked him to give the money once the guy left. Deciding whether or not the customer you could have selected was trustworthy was up to you...

QuantumJG

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Applied Mathematics Student at UoM
  • Respect: +82
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2010, 09:25:49 am »

hmm...

I would still pay for it because you did actually consume their food. Also I tend to believe in karma and the tables could turn on you where you could make a mistake at work and suffer the consequences.

I agree with lolbox. If you don't like the price, you can always go somewhere else.
2008: Finished VCE

2009 - 2011: Bachelor of Science (Mathematical Physics)

2012 - 2014: Master of Science (Applied Mathematics/Mathematical Physics)

2016 - 2018: Master of Engineering (Civil)

Semester 1:[/b] Engineering Mechanics, Fluid Mechanics, Engineering Risk Analysis, Sustainable Infrastructure Engineering

Semester 2:[/b] Earth Processes for Engineering, Engineering Materials, Structural Theory and Design, Systems Modelling and Design

d0minicz

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2010, 09:33:02 am »
id be over the moon =D

mmm wait........ karma
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 09:34:42 am by d0minicz »
Doctor of Medicine (UoM)

boysenberry

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2010, 09:51:43 am »
Thats ridiculous.
Its their product, they get to choose how much they charge. If you don't like the price, don't buy it and definitely don't consume it and then complain about the price after you've already eaten it

Yeah, your probably right. I take back what I said earlier (was just kidding). I strongly urge you to pay back the money. You'll feel a lot better once you do this as if a huge burden has been taken off your shoulders. :)

d0minicz

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2010, 09:56:28 am »
if youre feeeling really shit about it by all means go pay
but im sure if you go back now they'll say dw about it (that'd be nice of them anyway)
Doctor of Medicine (UoM)

*ryan777*

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2010, 10:17:45 am »
haha nice
free sandwich lol ^^

....stealing is bad
2010: Bachelor of Economics @ Monash University - Clayton
Sem1: Priciples of Accounting/Finance, Principles of Microeconomics, Business Statistics, Japanese 5
Sem2: Intro to Financial Accounting, Corporate Finance, Principles of Macroeconomics, Japanese 6

ninwa

• Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +1021
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2010, 10:53:47 pm »
legally that's called obtaining financial advantage by deception and it is a criminal offence... just saying -_-
ExamPro enquiries to [email protected]

n.f

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2010, 10:58:58 pm »
Just read your story.
You may actually have done a dine-and-dash. Some cafes take payment on exit like in restaurants.

*ryan777*

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2010, 11:31:31 pm »
Just read your story.
You may actually have done a dine-and-dash. Some cafes take payment on exit like in restaurants.

i can see how its easy to dine and dash in those sorts of restaurants if the staff are busy
just be carefull next time your in that situation, no one is gonna arrest you for a $4 sandwich but some ppl form a habit of this kinda thing lol
2010: Bachelor of Economics @ Monash University - Clayton
Sem1: Priciples of Accounting/Finance, Principles of Microeconomics, Business Statistics, Japanese 5
Sem2: Intro to Financial Accounting, Corporate Finance, Principles of Macroeconomics, Japanese 6