Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 11:12:40 pm

Author Topic: GAMSAT?  (Read 9156 times)  Share 

TrueLight

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +9
Re: GAMSAT?
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2010, 05:59:05 pm »
yes but the majority of the research institutes are in the vacinity of melbourne

closest ones to monash are...mimr ....lol can't think of any others
and then theres amrep but that next to the alfred hospital
http://www.campaignforliberty.com

Completed Bachelor of Science. Majored in Immunology and Microbiology.

“Who controls the past, controls the future. Who controls the present, controls the past.”
George Orwell, 1984.

"Terrorism is the best political weapon for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
Adolf Hitler

“The bigger the lie, the more inclined people will be to believe it”
Adolf Hitler

"Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is indeed a double-edged sword. It both emboldens the blood, just

mikee65

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2010, 10:38:57 pm »
What kind of GAMSAT scores would you need to get into PG med at melb, actually anywere in aus, do the %iles differ from UMAT.

vexx

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +66
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2010, 11:50:45 pm »
+1
What kind of GAMSAT scores would you need to get into PG med at melb, actually anywere in aus, do the %iles differ from UMAT.

there is a table with information on gamsat scores at http://pagingdr.net/forum/index.php
and there isn't information yet released for PG med at melb as it is new, but they said scores will be released sometime soon after all the offers have been given out for the first year 2011, so you will have to wait and see what they min cut offs and scores are.
2010 VCE: psychology | english language | methods cas | further | chemistry | physical ed | uni chemistry || ATAR: 97.40 ||

2011: BSc @ UoM

Y1: biology of cells&organisms | music psychology | biological psychology | secret life of language | creative writing
    || genetics&the evolution of life | biochemistry&molecular biology | techniques of molecular science -.- | mind,brain&behaviour 2

20XX: MEDICINE

stonecold

• Victorian
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +255
  • School Grad Year: 2010
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2010, 11:58:00 pm »
The GAMSAT looks so scary.  Honestly, do I have any chance of getting in anywhere with 73rd%ile UMAT and a 98+ (possibly 99+) ATAR for undergrad med.  I've applied everywhere accept OTAGO, JCU and BOND.
2011-13: BBiomed (Microbiology & Immunology Major) @ UniMelb

VCE 2009'10: English 46 | English Language 49 | Chemistry 50 | Biology 50 | Further Mathematics 48 | Mathematical Methods CAS 39
ATAR: 99.85

"Failure is not when one falls down but rather when one fails to get up" - unknown

vexx

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2010, 12:21:32 am »
+1
The GAMSAT looks so scary.  Honestly, do I have any chance of getting in anywhere with 73rd%ile UMAT and a 98+ (possibly 99+) ATAR for undergrad med.  I've applied everywhere accept OTAGO, JCU and BOND.

depending on hw high 99+ you have a chance at UNSW - realise this, and so try as hard as you can to get an incredible ENTER, i'm sure you can do it.
2010 VCE: psychology | english language | methods cas | further | chemistry | physical ed | uni chemistry || ATAR: 97.40 ||

Y1: biology of cells&organisms | music psychology | biological psychology | secret life of language | creative writing
    || genetics&the evolution of life | biochemistry&molecular biology | techniques of molecular science -.- | mind,brain&behaviour 2

stonecold

• Victorian
  • Respect: +255
  • School Grad Year: 2010
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2010, 12:25:21 am »

depending on hw high 99+ you have a chance at UNSW - realise this, and so try as hard as you can to get an incredible ENTER, i'm sure you can do it.

This just keeps getting worse.  I went to pick up my UNSW form from school today.  Was supposed to be all signed and whatever from the principal. I open it, and they haven't initialed the bottom corners of the document.  It is due in less than a week.  I have to call them and blast them tomorrow.  I am dealing with absolute fools.

I don't get the who justice of the peace thing.  Are we supposed to get it done?

Also, the predicated ATAR they gave me was 98...is that going to be an issue?
2011-13: BBiomed (Microbiology & Immunology Major) @ UniMelb

VCE 2009'10: English 46 | English Language 49 | Chemistry 50 | Biology 50 | Further Mathematics 48 | Mathematical Methods CAS 39
ATAR: 99.85

"Failure is not when one falls down but rather when one fails to get up" - unknown

vexx

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2010, 12:30:22 am »
+1
^ You will probably not get an interview first round, but if you get well into the 99's you'll get an interview for january, and it does not disadvantage you.
Well your school is meant to finish the forms, and sign each page, and the justice of peace is i'm pretty sure only for those not attending school/dont have someone to sign for them like school can do

Russ

• Honorary Moderator
  • Respect: +661
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2010, 07:58:04 am »
+1
In terms of UoM, this year they took kids with 55 GAMSATs and 5.5 GPAs, which is extremely low (relatively). It's going up next year without a doubt, due to a few factors.

In general, anything over 60 in the GAMSAT is competitive, anything over 70 will get you to the interview. UoM calculates GAMSAT scores differently to the rest of the country though, they like to be special :S

the justice of peace is i'm pretty sure only for those not attending school/dont have someone to sign for them like school can do

Your principal is equivalent to a JP in terms of signing/authing stuff.

@Stonecold: GAMSAT isn't thaat scary, compared to the UMAT I'd say it's actually more enjoyable sheerly because the questions won't leave you scratching your head and saying "wtf". But relatively, it's obviously at a higher academic level.

but hey, I just love reading/writing so SI and SII were my favourite
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 10:23:32 am by Russ »