Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 25, 2024, 02:00:57 pm

Author Topic: Science at Melbourne  (Read 13193 times)  Share 

phagist_

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +1
Science at Melbourne
« on: December 18, 2007, 02:51:13 pm »
Anyone doing Science and Melbourne under the New gen model?

It's my number 1 preference and am really looking forward to it!

costargh

Re: Science at Melbourne
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 03:06:57 pm »
What will the CSP ENTER requirement be?

phagist_

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 03:47:05 pm »
They haven't specified (it's dependent on demand) but I'm guessing ~88-89ish maybe?

I don't have a clue.. that's a really rough guess though, haha.
edit: btw, noticed you're from Keysy.. I'm from Dingley!

costargh

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2007, 05:15:54 pm »
Aw ok.
My brother got a 83.20. He's gonna put it down on his preferences but probabably wont get it I guess. But we are from an underrepresented school so he might get a favour from Melb Uni lol.

Ohh Dingly I used to play tennis there once in a while back when I used to play for Keyzy against Dingly.

Collin Li

• VCE Tutor
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +17
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2007, 05:17:18 pm »
Aw ok.
My brother got a 83.20. He's gonna put it down on his preferences but probabably wont get it I guess. But we are from an underrepresented school so he might get a favour from Melb Uni lol.

Ohh Dingly I used to play tennis there once in a while back when I used to play for Keyzy against Dingly.

He might get it. In 2005, 82.05 was the lowest ENTER score to get in (not sure if that includes middleband consideration). In 2006, I didn't bother to check.

costargh

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2007, 11:16:35 pm »
If he got into Melbourne Science I think he would be ecstatic.

I'm not sure how everyone else is looking at the the whole GUARANTEED ENTER situation but from my understanding I would believe that if demand was not excessively high for a subject then the actual ENTER requirement could very well be under the GUARANTEED ENTER score.
Science at Melbourne isn't the most sought after degree now is it?

Collin Li

• VCE Tutor
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2007, 11:54:18 pm »
Heh, but it usually doesn't drop below its Guaranteed ENTER. It still makes sense to have places offered below the Guaranteed ENTER, just that they weren't guaranteed :P

costargh

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2007, 12:00:12 am »
But its not the clearly-in mark right? (Well in a sense it is). But it isn't based on the scores from the years before. It is just a number that they have created that will ensure a high quality level of students as well as maintaining accessibility for students.

So couldn't it be said that clearly in goes by demand and supply while guaranteed enter goes purely on Universty choice?

Collin Li

• VCE Tutor
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2007, 12:14:04 am »
Yes. The guaranteed ENTER is set as a "clearly-in" for full-fee students, but not CSP. The clearly-in is the useful indicator for CSP places.

costargh

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2007, 12:20:43 am »
Yep cool cool as I thought. I guess maybe with underreped scenario he may JUST may scrape in. If not other avenues are available =)

bubble sunglasses

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2007, 07:18:35 am »
Aw ok.

He might get it. In 2005, 82.05 was the lowest ENTER score to get in (not sure if that includes middleband consideration). In 2006, I didn't bother to check.

I heard if you get lower than 92.00, you have to have done *two* of physics, chem and bio

costargh

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2007, 11:02:33 am »
  I heard if you get lower than 92.00, you have to have done *two* of physics, chem and bio

He did all three :)

Ahmad

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • *dreamy sigh*
  • Respect: +15
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2007, 11:12:10 am »
I'm doing a BSc majoring in maths at UoM next year.  ;D
Mandark: Please, oh please, set me up on a date with that golden-haired angel who graces our undeserving school with her infinite beauty!

The collage of ideas. The music of reason. The poetry of thought. The canvas of logic.

vce_2007

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2007, 11:16:36 am »
ahmad arent u doin commerce and majoring in actuarial studies?

vce_2007

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2007, 11:24:17 am »
so does the guaranteed ENTER mean that if you get over that you are 100% guaranteed a place in that course with full fee?