Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 09:12:44 pm

Author Topic: Can I get credit for first year of Commerce at Deakin at UoM/Monash?  (Read 2278 times)  Share 

pluvia

• Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Hi, I received an ENTER of 89.15 and don’t meet the fringe marks for Bachelor of Commerce at Monash University or University of Melbourne. I was wondering if anyone knows whether I could receive credit for doing first year of Commerce at Deakin University if I manage to transfer into Melbourne or Monash? According to http://ecom-unimelb.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ecom_unimelb.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=511, it is possible to receive credit at Melbourne however I’m unsure whether the course at Deakin is at the standard that Melbourne requires for a transfer.

I’m hoping to do well at Deakin and if possible, do my second and third year at University of Melbourne without having to repeat the first year because I live in Maribyrnong where Deakin and Monash are pretty far away  :(. If its not possible I’ll probably consider staying at Deakin and doing a Chinese/Commerce degree because I didn’t bother to learn Mandarin when I was younger  :-[.

Thanks in advance ^^
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 02:39:00 am by Brendan »

golids

Re: Commerce – able to continue at other universities?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 10:58:21 am »
i believe you do get credit after the transfer, not 100% sure but quite

Eriny

• The lamp of enlightenment
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +100
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 11:35:44 am »
You probably will get credit. I'd advise you though to look at the courses Melbourne is offering first year students and then try to take similar courses at Deakin. And to do very well in them, of course.

vce_2007

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 11:23:00 pm »
the vtac book said something about NOT recieving credit for commerce

but check it anyway

excal

• VN Security
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Über-Geek
  • Respect: +21
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2007, 09:38:28 pm »
Generally speaking, you'll get some credit for switching to the same course at another institution...

...the question becomes: how much?
excal (VCE 05/06) BBIS(IBL) GradCertSc(Statistics) MBBS(Hons) GCertClinUS -- current Master of Medicine candidate
Former Global Moderator

pluvia

• Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2008, 06:49:16 pm »
Sorry for reviving a dead thread but just in case anyone in a similar position was looking for an answer, bad news if you wanted to transfer to UoM, http://unimelb.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/unimelb.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=113. Once again, thanks to all that replied.  :)

EDIT: Actually I might have jumped the gun here. It specifically says 2008, I wonder if its possible post-2008.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 07:48:43 pm by pluvia »

squance

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2008, 08:07:38 pm »
Yeah...my one of my friends is actually at TAFE doing an accounting cert III/IV/diploma/advanced diploma thingy . She wants to go to Melbourne or Monash to do commerce...would these universities ever accept people who have done a previous tafe course or is that unlikely?