Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 25, 2024, 09:16:15 pm

Author Topic: "You may not have appropriate permissions..." - Win 7 Security Virus  (Read 14834 times)  Share 

TrueLight

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +9
Re: "You may not have appropriate permissions..." - Win 7 Security Virus
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2011, 12:54:11 am »
did you update and run norton full scan? found anything?
http://www.campaignforliberty.com

Completed Bachelor of Science. Majored in Immunology and Microbiology.

“Who controls the past, controls the future. Who controls the present, controls the past.”
George Orwell, 1984.

"Terrorism is the best political weapon for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
Adolf Hitler

“The bigger the lie, the more inclined people will be to believe it”
Adolf Hitler

"Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is indeed a double-edged sword. It both emboldens the blood, just

jane1234

« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2011, 12:58:17 am »
did you update and run norton full scan? found anything?
No I'm still running malwarebytes full scan (taking so long!!) i'll do Norton tomorrow, hopefully it won't find anything...

EDIT: It's found 3 more infections so far... so probably a good thing I did full scan

TrueLight

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2011, 01:07:17 am »
oh cool yea i think its random depending on how much crap is in your computer
might take anywhere from between 1.5 hours to 4.5 hours to complete

ya at least its on and further preventing malware from messing with your comp

make sure you clean out your temp files with ccleaner

“Who controls the past, controls the future. Who controls the present, controls the past.”
George Orwell, 1984.

"Terrorism is the best political weapon for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

"Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is indeed a double-edged sword. It both emboldens the blood, just

jane1234

« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2011, 01:12:31 am »
Yeah I think I will use the ccleaner just in case... after all this I don't want the bug returning!!

Hopefully the little things will be fixed... I'm starting to remember other things that haven't worked for a few weeks now (like my iTunes store) so hopefully those things will work again...

TrueLight

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2011, 01:24:55 am »
yup if you dont want the bug returning... i would consider posting your log on the forum ;)lol...

so
-update and run malwarebytes, delete files
-run ccleaner
-update and run norton full scan
-if your up for it (recommended), post hijackthis log on spywareinfoforum
-download spyware blaster, handy tool to prevent activex malware
-make sure update windows, update java, update adobe- download secunia if you want to make sure all your programs are up to date.
-once norton expires, either buy or download another free trial from like kasperky or download avast and download comodo or something like outpost firewall which are free forever
-make sure you have only one antivirus running and one firewall running, norton internet security suite already has firewall+antivirus and other features so no need for anything more.
-you should keep the programs i told you to have and run them once in a while, delete rkill if its still on your computer.  
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 05:12:13 pm by TrueLight »

George Orwell, 1984.

Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

jane1234

« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2011, 11:46:51 pm »
yup if you dont want the bug returning... i would consider posting your log on the forum ;)lol...

so
-update and run malwarebytes, delete files
-run ccleaner
-update and run norton full scan
-if your up for it (recommended), post hijackthis log on spywareinfoforum
-download spyware blaster, handy tool to prevent activex malware
-make sure update windows, update java, update adobe- download secunia if you want to make sure all your programs are up to date.
-once norton expires, either buy or download another free trial from like kasperky or download avast and download comodo or something like outpost firewall which are free forever
-make sure you have only one antivirus running and one firewall running, norton internet security suite already has firewall+antivirus and other features so no need for anything more.
-you should keep the programs i told you to have and run them once in a while, delete rkill if its still on your computer. 

Yeah I ran the Norton full scan today, used ccleaner and it was all good :D
I'll just wait and see if the bug comes back, and then I'll post my log on the forum.
Once again, thanks for all your help :)

TrueLight

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2011, 03:10:25 am »
ok cool it looks like its gone!
although if you want to make sure, post the log up
you should also try and reset your system restore point, just so like if you system restore it is after you cleaned up your computer

but its awesome how the problem appears to be fixed! gj

George Orwell, 1984.

Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler