Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 26, 2024, 05:15:27 am

Author Topic: Help me out guys! Non-Standard Entry  (Read 1090 times)  Share 

rolftina

Help me out guys! Non-Standard Entry
« on: November 08, 2011, 04:09:39 pm »
Just want to confirm...

To apply for Non-Standard Entry for either idk Pharmacy or Med or Dent (at a uni where they accept non-standards):
I would have to be doing undergraduate
1. Biomed
or 2. Science

Right?

I'm leaning more towards Science so that if I end up changing my mind about what I want to do later on, I can pursue something else, since it's a more general degree. Plus I don't think I can get in Biomed Melb anyways. But even if I do, I think I'll still do Science.

The problem is! Idk whether I should do Science or Health Science.
To be considered for non-standard, you need at least a 5.0 GPA yeah? Is that harder to achieve if you do Science or Health Science?
Everyone says Science is supposedly "easier" because the atar cut-off is lower than Health Science, but just looking at the course structure it seems that the stuff you learn is way harder.
Help me out here guys!

Also. Would unis even accept you if you do Health Science?
Because MD at Melb only accepts people who have done Science or Biomed.
Idk i feel like Health Science is so underrated or something.

Anyways I rang up Griffith before and asked for their advice lol. They say Health Science is probably better to do since Pharmacy etc is more "health-related". Really though? Is Health Science "harder" than Science then?

But I'm still pretty confused cause I think I've read somewhere that people have gotten in via non-standard entry and they did like an Arts course or something (high GPA though).

D: