Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 26, 2024, 12:00:51 am

Author Topic: MMI Help Pleaseeee???  (Read 881 times)  Share 

superstar1

MMI Help Pleaseeee???
« on: December 28, 2011, 05:22:03 pm »
Hi
so ive read on the internet some sample questions and one that really did my head in was the scenraio based ones???

SO something like this is how we will enter each room in the interview??
•   A bell is rung in the corridor (hence the name Bellringer interviews) and is the indicator for the candidates to leave one station and move to the next without entering it. Between stations, candidates sit/stand outside the next station to be entered (for 2 minutes) during which time they read the instructions (i.e. the stimulus) for that station, which is posted on the door.
•   Each station includes only one stimulus printed on a single page (usually on a laminated card). The stimulus is upto a few paragraphs long (usually only one paragraph). The stimulus will outline 1) the scenario that the candidate will confront in the corresponding station and 2) the precise role of the candidate in that scenario.

what i wanted to know is, the moment you enter , do you just straight away begin with the scenario and act out your role or do you have to introduce yourselves to the interviewwers???

so lets say this sample question:

Mrs. Tara McDonald is a 52 year old woman, a known case of diabetes type I, who was rushed to the hospital in a profound coma, but dies almost immediately. You are the emergency physician who saw her first and there was no pulse or respiration. She was pronounced dead. You must notify the coroner. Her husband and daughter are waiting to talk to you. Please enter the room and talk to them in the next 5/ 10/15 minutes. (Note: You'll find that the husband gave her an extra insulin dose unknowing she already had an overdosed shot). (Death before arrival/ Delivering bad news).

would you just enter and begin by saying "good morning mr mcdonald, i am dr X the emergency physician who first attended to your wife.....
do you start away straight like that??

also i was wondering if anyone had some other sample questions??

thankyou very much :) in advanced