Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 26, 2024, 06:43:54 am

Author Topic: ANU Accommodation- Lena Karmel Lodge  (Read 5592 times)  Share 

azure

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: 0
ANU Accommodation- Lena Karmel Lodge
« on: January 21, 2012, 04:50:28 pm »
Just been offered a place at Unilodge- Lena Karmel.
Has anyone also been offered a place here/know if it's decent/know any downsides to living here?
2010: Chinese SL
2011: English, Japanese SL, Chemistry, Methods, Economics

EvangelionZeta

• Quintessence of Dust
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +288
Re: ANU Accommodation- Lena Karmel Lodge
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 05:36:09 pm »
It's got the best rooms on campus, has brilliant facilities (the student newspaper office is on the ground floor!) and the people there are rad. Biggest downside are it'll probably be quieter than the other colleges, and the price (although it's not THAT bad).
---

Finished VCE in 2010 and now teaching professionally. For any inquiries, email me at [email protected].

jane1234

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 05:37:38 pm »
Got one for Ursula Hall but I'm not going to ANU anymore. Suprised I got a spot at all considering I applied 1 day before they closed...

Eriny

• The lamp of enlightenment
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +100
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 06:18:58 pm »
Lena Karmel is brand new and looks awesome. I would also expect it to be quiet, but it will have really nice facilities.

azure

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2012, 06:55:15 pm »
Yeh, I'm also surprised I got a spot at all. I applied last minute as well.

Thanks for the replies... hm, I'm still indecisive whether or not I should go to ANU, only 48 hours till my accommodation offer lapses, haha guess I have to make my decision quickly.

Is Lena Karmel more expensive than let's say... Bruce Hall or the other Unilodges? And will self-catering become a big inconvenience/ would that actually be better than eating catered food? 
2010: Chinese SL
2011: English, Japanese SL, Chemistry, Methods, Economics

EvangelionZeta

• Quintessence of Dust
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +288
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2012, 07:01:18 pm »
Yeh, I'm also surprised I got a spot at all. I applied last minute as well.

Thanks for the replies... hm, I'm still indecisive whether or not I should go to ANU, only 48 hours till my accommodation offer lapses, haha guess I have to make my decision quickly.

Is Lena Karmel more expensive than let's say... Bruce Hall or the other Unilodges? And will self-catering become a big inconvenience/ would that actually be better than eating catered food? 

It's pretty much the same as the other UniLodges.  And self-catering is definitely not an inconvenience - after a while you'll be used to it (I prefer making my own food, even).
---

Finished VCE in 2010 and now teaching professionally. For any inquiries, email me at [email protected].

chansthename

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2012, 01:58:17 pm »
it's $10 more per week than warrumbul, but still cheaper than bruce and all of the catered colleges. You get used to cooking and all that so it's not a big inconvenience, plus you feel less guilty for eating out now and then (those in catered are paying for meals that they do not eat when they go out).

holyknight

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • School: cgs
  • School Grad Year: 2011
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2012, 02:34:38 am »
yep, staying at lena karmel too. Applied after the guarantee date, so had no other choice but to go for unilodge
ANU undergrad, first year.
Studying Actuarial studies and finance

ben92

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2012, 08:25:22 am »
Unfortunately the days of easily getting into the colleges (as opposed to apartment accommodation) are over. Most first years end up at a UniLodge.

It's not too hard at all to transfer to a college, however. I was place in UniLodge Warrumbul but got a place in B&G later in the year.