Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 11:12:06 am

Author Topic: Commerce- What are you planin to major in and plans aftr you finish your degree  (Read 3054 times)  Share 

hellomotto

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: 0

Im planning to major in Accounting and Finance, looking at getting into CPA Australia or a Finance Institution.

How about you guys?

joechan521

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +1
im still considering to do accounting+finance, or just finance. I'm inclined to finance over accounting, and to do double major, there isn't much room for finance subjects.

and looking at going into investment banking, such as morgan
« Last Edit: December 22, 2007, 01:50:33 pm by joechan521 »
06 method47 chinese 2nd language advanced39
07 english39 specailist44 accounting44 further48 psychology35
07 ENTER 99.15

azhtey

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
No idea. Just wanting to do commerce and prob decide on my major in the 2nd year.
"BROWS"

Collin Li

• VCE Tutor
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +17
Planning to major in Economics and Finance, and hopefully complete an Honours year in Economics.

AppleXY

• Life cannot be Delta Hedged.
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Even when the bears bite, confidence never dies.
  • Respect: +16
im still considering to do accounting+finance, or just finance. I'm inclined to finance over accounting, and to do double major, there isn't much room for finance subjects.

Are you seriously sure about that? Are you willing to write you life off for investment banking? IB anaylsts sometimes work in excess of 100 hours a week fyi. Espically Financial Insitutions such UBS (You & Us UBS :p) , Goldman Sachs JBWere, Citi (what a beautiful organisation) and JP Morgan have jobs which rack up big $$$ but the hours.... ouch.

Here's proof: (UBS anaylst, typical day in the life)

http://www.vault.com/nr/main_article_detail.jsp?article_id=23146519&cat_id=0&ht_type=1

Just some food for thought ;)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2007, 02:41:47 pm by AppleXY »

2009 - BBus (Econometrics/Economics&Fin) @ Monash

For Email: click here

Need a question answered? Merspi it!

[quote="Benjamin F

Odette

OMG the hours :o lol terrible! lol but i guess if you love what you're doing you wont mind the hours =)

AppleXY

• Life cannot be Delta Hedged.
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Even when the bears bite, confidence never dies.
  • Respect: +16
lol i'll be dead by one week of that, and Finance is very stimulating.... *gulp*

2009 - BBus (Econometrics/Economics&Fin) @ Monash

For Email: click here

Need a question answered? Merspi it!

[quote="Benjamin F

joechan521

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive

Are you seriously sure about that? Are you willing to write you life off for investment banking? IB anaylsts sometimes work in excess of 100 hours a week fyi. Espically Financial Insitutions such UBS (You & Us UBS :p) , Goldman Sachs JBWere, Citi (what a beautiful organisation) and JP Morgan have jobs which rack up big $$$ but the hours.... ouch.

Here's proof: (UBS anaylst, typical day in the life)

http://www.vault.com/nr/main_article_detail.jsp?article_id=23146519&cat_id=0&ht_type=1

Just some food for thought ;)
theres a wide range of jobs available for finance, maybe a year of investment banking is alright, and can switch to other jobs
« Last Edit: December 22, 2007, 03:15:37 pm by joechan521 »
06 method47 chinese 2nd language advanced39
07 english39 specailist44 accounting44 further48 psychology35
07 ENTER 99.15

vce_2007

planning to do engineering thru commerce, BIG LOL

not sure, prob decide once im in and see what the subjects are like

anyone wanna point me in the right direction? my ultimate goal is to own my own business but i dont mind working in a "high position" in a company and i love to work with people