Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 06:28:19 am

Author Topic: .  (Read 5794 times)  Share 

Voltman

« on: May 05, 2009, 04:37:56 pm »
What if you didn't get the highest SAC marks and someone in your cohort purposely doesn't answer any questions on the exams (just doing VCE for a ride) but does average on SACs. Does this majorly affect the final marks that each student will get as a study score for that particular subject? Or does it only largely affect that particular student?

costargh

Re: .
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 04:45:05 pm »
These things are out of your control, don't worry about them.

My guess would be it wouldnt impact on you so don't worry and just try hard at your subjects and you'll do fine

hard

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 04:47:28 pm »
you're making too much fuss about this.

Voltman

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 04:50:27 pm »

Hmmm...that reminds me, I heard the other day a girl in my biology class said, "...don't worry it's just a SAC" to her friend. I bet she's going to be a drug dealer one day.

Eriny

• The lamp of enlightenment
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +100
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 04:50:58 pm »
If somebody performs way below/above expected on exams then they are removed from the cohort moderation process.

Voltman

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2009, 05:02:14 pm »
If somebody performs way below/above expected on exams then they are removed from the cohort moderation process.

Oh...what a relieve! Does this happen often? Do you know anyone that this has happened to? How did you know this?

costargh

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2009, 05:08:44 pm »
Seriously man, do you not think that in the majority of schools there is going to be someone who performs exceptionately worse than everyone else?

Of course these things don't screw you over.

/0

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +45
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2009, 05:13:40 pm »
Haha wow you like asking extreme questions!

Voltman

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2009, 05:15:07 pm »
Seriously man, do you not think that in the majority of schools there is going to be someone who performs exceptionately worse than everyone else?

Of course these things don't screw you over.

Maybe but I want to limit the number of these risks that I take. What if I become the exception? I'd rather play in the save side as much as I can, thank you very much.

Voltman

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2009, 05:17:40 pm »
Haha wow you like asking extreme questions!

Well, I'm sure everyone's got to the point where they wonder about these things. It's perfectly normal.

costargh

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2009, 05:18:35 pm »
What are you talking about. Even if you did have the knowledge about this quesiton you're asking, what steps are you going to take to reduce these risks? Pay the poor performing students to get try harder and get their marks up?

These things are external to you mate, meaning you can't influence them. You are not disadvantaged so chillax and focus on yourself rather than others.

Voltman

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2009, 05:38:54 pm »
These things are external to you mate, meaning you can't influence them. You are not disadvantaged so chillax and focus on yourself rather than others.

I couldn't agree with you more. If it's something that you can't change then it's not worth worrying about. I am only concerned with the things that I can change. Asking that question above may help me take preventative measures and it takes a tonne of weight off. It gives me confirmation of whether I am approaching VCE the right way. I don't want to think about these things forever...

It's like this. Should I study vigorously for four subjects and just try to average two other subjects? Or should I give every subject equal attention? As everybody is probably already aware, VCE can be very time consuming. The amount of studying that you do per subject is likely to influence your overall ENTER. As your primary four will make up most of your marks for your ENTER, it would be wise for some to pay more attention to these. But everybody is different.

VCE is a stategic and competitive game. You've got to approach things the right way with what you have.

Mao

• CH41RMN
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +390
  • School: Kambrya College
  • School Grad Year: 2008
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2009, 05:41:57 pm »
Try hard yourself, the system is fair, you get rewarded.

There is absolutely NO point in trying to understand how the system works, except for the purpose of finally comforting yourself that it does work, and explaining to everyone else it's all okay.
Editor for ATARNotes Chemistry study guides.

VCE 2008 | Monash BSc (Chem., Appl. Math.) 2009-2011 | UoM BScHon (Chem.) 2012 | UoM PhD (Chem.) 2013-2015

Voltman

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2009, 05:45:03 pm »
Try hard yourself, the system is fair, you get rewarded.

I do. I probably work harder than anyone in my year level. I just want to know whether my work will be rewarded, rather than be surprised later in the year.

hard

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2009, 05:46:04 pm »

Hmmm...that reminds me, I heard the other day a girl in my biology class said, "...don't worry it's just a SAC" to her friend. I bet she's going to be a drug dealer one day.
:S okay then..