Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 18, 2024, 03:44:17 pm

Author Topic: Study Scores - Methods - SACs  (Read 1281 times)  Share 

Yourtoob

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
  • School Grad Year: 2013
Study Scores - Methods - SACs
« on: July 19, 2012, 05:37:12 pm »
This is absurd!

I'm currently doing Methods 3&4 and we just received our Application SAC results (40% weighting).
I'm from a weak cohort and the amount of people who scored 100% in that SAC was ridiculously high, with people jumping from rank 60 to rank 20 or so. Why? The SAC consisted of four periods, spread across four different days! Don't know how but some people had the actual copy of the SAC beforehand, unbelievably huge advantage! I know a friend who is really bright, everyone practically asks him for help but he got 95% on the SAC, feels so disappointed. Unfortunately, because of that, I think he will go down from rank 2 to rank 10...I feel annoyed.

However, back to the topic.
If I were to get marked down because of my SAC rank...but do well on the exams, what would be the highest RAW study score I could get?
Let's say if I were to get C+/A+/A+ (averaging ~95%) on exams, what do you think I would get for my study score?
Also, how about a low A instead of a C+ for my SACs?

We still have two more SACs so I'm hoping I still have a chance to get top 5. (top one is literally acing all their sacs lol)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 05:51:05 pm by Yourtoob »

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2593
Re: Study Scores - Methods - SACs
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 06:33:57 pm »
+2
You need to go to your teacher. Doesn't matter if you feel 'dog' or some crap like that, the people cheating haven't even furtherd their own chances of a solid score, they've just plain fucked everyone else over. Your teacher would organise sitting the SAC again, and while this is draining it is worth it to keep an accurate ranking.
✌️just do what makes you happy ✌️

Limista

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +63
  • School Grad Year: 2013
Re: Study Scores - Methods - SACs
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2012, 05:50:41 pm »
+1
Your teacher would organise sitting the SAC again, and while this is draining it is worth it to keep an accurate ranking.

I agree - provided it's not the same SAC  ;)
Bachelor of Biomedicine @ The University of Melbourne (II) 2014-2016
Follow me on my blog