Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 12:12:49 pm

Author Topic: Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Health Sciences  (Read 1455 times)  Share 

walkec

Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Health Sciences
« on: August 04, 2012, 09:17:21 am »
So, when I finish school, I want to teach history, English and food tech/health. If I were to do a dip.ed after the above mentioned course, would I be qualified to teach food tech and health with the correct majors?

Also if anyone if doing this specific course of just straight health sciences, I'd really appreciate it if you could tell me if the family, society and health major or the health promotion major are predominately science based, because my vce subjects are due in on Monday.

Cheerio  :)

JaneDoe

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
  • School Grad Year: 2012
Re: Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Health Sciences
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 11:14:13 am »
I may be wrong but my Careers teacher told me that Dip Ed's aren't going to be available any more by the time I finish my undergraduate degree and I'm currently in Year 12. So considering you're in Year 10 if you do that course you'd have to do a Masters in Education (1.5-2 years) to be able to teach after completing that double degree.

However, this is all based on information fed to me by Careers teacher who has proved to be wrong on prior occasions.
2012: English | Further Maths | Business Management | Legal Studies | Community Services (VET)

walkec

Re: Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Health Sciences
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 03:48:58 pm »
Hey JaneDoe,
I have heard that too from a family friend but I saw my careers counsellor on Thursday, who said that Dip.Ed's are only going to be offered as early exit options from a Masters in Education.