Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 09:27:52 pm

Author Topic: VCE Summer School applications open  (Read 3650 times)  Share 

Russ

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +661
VCE Summer School applications open
« on: October 19, 2012, 08:59:18 am »
+7
Run every summer at the University of Melbourne campus, this is a program dedicated to providing educational services to disadvantaged/underrepresented students. It lasts for two weeks (with the option of living on campus) and offers academic classes on your subjects as well as social support/events and general advice for VCE.

All the tutors have completed at least a year of tertiary studies, many have completed more and some have graduated completely, so you'll be getting a decent quality of education from people who've recently gone through the VCE system. I've been teaching there for a few years now and I'm pretty sure a bunch of other AN tutors/people are getting on board this year.

Applications are open if you're interested or if you're looking to get a head start on the year. We cover year 11 and year 12 subjects, as well as covering those that generally aren't done in depth by other courses (Renaissance History, minor LOTEs etc.). If finanical circumstances could prevent you from attending, contact the directors and they'll see what they can do with respect to bursaries (there's an application form iirc). And finally, whilst we give preference to those from disadvantaged backgrounds, all applications are welcome for the places that aren't filled by such students.

It's a great two weeks and you'll have a great time as well as learn a few things. I'm sure some previous VCESS students will chime in and say they loved it, since we do fun stuff

Case in point:

‘It is insecurity, not confidence, that is the driving factor in Call Me Maybe.’

In Carly Rae Jepson’s 2012 text, Call Me Maybe, the narrator, despite attempting to present herself as confident and impulsive, unconsciously displays her own insecurity. She is insecure about a number of factors; her level of control over her intended audience, her challenge of traditional gender roles, and her own self-image. However, we see the narrator demonstrate some level of confidence, even if this confidence is fragmented.

If interested, all forms and so forth are here:
http://union.unimelb.edu.au/summerschool

Russ

• Honorary Moderator
  • Respect: +661
Re: VCE Summer School applications open
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 09:09:26 pm »
Obligatory reminder that this is a thing

pi

• Honorary Moderator
  • Doctor.
  • Respect: +2376
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 12:55:39 am »
+1
BUMP

~60 spots left apparently!

Bigboss01

• Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
  • School: austin
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2014, 08:47:57 pm »
All the tutors have completed at least a year of tertiary studies, many have completed more and some have graduated completely, so you'll be getting a decent quality of education from people who've recently gone through the VCE system. I've been teaching there for a few years now and I'm pretty sure a bunch of other AN tutors/people are getting on board this year.
You can easily check out our best quality 312-50v8 dump exam. You can also get success in real exam of HP with the quality Yale University questions and Youtube training answers