Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 10:24:01 am

Author Topic: Bachelor of Commerce/Laws Review?  (Read 3017 times)  Share 

siddhartharora

Bachelor of Commerce/Laws Review?
« on: November 04, 2012, 02:29:22 pm »
Hey everyone,

I'm thinking of putting this course as a preference, but was looking for some reviews on this course? What's the reputation of this course, and the Uni itself? Is the degree well worth the 5 years?

mystikal

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +5
Re: Bachelor of Commerce/Laws Review?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 11:55:15 pm »
I do not go to deakin but what i do know is that the reputation for this course is getting better every year. It probably is not as good reputation wise to Monash University yet but its getting there soon the gap is closing. But if you want to do this course for a job it is still an option, if you can pull off good scores while doing a number of extra curricular activities/work experience then you will be very competitive in the job market.

I have heard from friends that course is good in terms of content and their are trimester options so you can effectively reduce your time at university if planned out. Also do you really want to do law?

If you are fine with just accounting I suggest putting BAccounting (the one with interview) at Monash Clayton guarantees you a work placement which is invaluable in finding a job in the future. Plus im pretty sure VTAC gives you a lot of preferences so you can always put this one as a viable option.

siddhartharora

Re: Bachelor of Commerce/Laws Review?
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, 10:33:47 am »
Thanks for your response!

I will surely consider putting the Deakin option onto my VTAC preferences. With Law, I'm still not sure whether I should go with the double degree as I'm more keen on doing Accounting.

I have heard and researched the Bachelor of Accounting, but that degree requires Mathematical Methods I believe which I haven't done :(