Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 08:23:45 am

Author Topic: Mechatronic Engineering?  (Read 4985 times)  Share 

Christaldo

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
  • School: Emmaus College
Mechatronic Engineering?
« on: December 21, 2012, 12:57:41 pm »
I really wanted to do Mechatronic Engineering at Monash but I didn't achieve the ATAR for it. My friend told me that if I do another course with the exact 1st year study subjects of Mechatronic Engineering and get a high distinction in that course, I can transfer to it in the 2nd year. I'm having trouble finding the 1st year subjects of majority of the courses. Does anyone know the 1st year subjects of Mechatronic Engineering at Monash? Am I able to transfer from any uni? Is there a better option?

Thanks  :)

JinXi

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +90
  • School: Camberwell High School
  • School Grad Year: 2010
Re: Mechatronic Engineering?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 02:14:11 pm »
Link to Monash Mechatronics first year Handbook.

Basically all the core units for first year mechatronics engineering is general Engineering units. The only difference is in mainstream engineering, some of the core of mechatronics engineering are electives. Those core units for first year is extremely common in most uni's, and it shouldn't be hard to find a similar unit. Also, it'll be advisable to email/meet Monash Mechatronics course advisor - Helen Frost: [email protected]. I've seen her a couple of times before and  she's very helpful and knows quite alot.

Tell her which uni you're applying to transfer from and get a list of their engineering units. It might be good to contact the Engineering course transfer coordinator as he/she will be the one approving for you to transfer credit points. Contact Marlene: [email protected] or Andrea:[email protected]

Of course to be competitive in your transfer application you should be looking at a HD average, or high Distinction. With some effort a HD average in first year is very achievable. Also, have you considered Mechatronics Engineering in RMIT? I've heard they're not bad and provide more hands on experience. Have a look into that too.
Monash B.Aero Eng/Sci Discontinued in Sem2 2012 [2011-2015]

"I will always choose a lazy person to do a difficult job… because, he will find an easy way to do it." ~ Bill Gates
^ SNORLAX, I chooosee You!!!