Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 23, 2024, 09:37:35 pm

Author Topic: Accepting  (Read 2911 times)  Share 

panicatthelunchbar

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +5
  • School Grad Year: 2012
Accepting
« on: January 21, 2013, 10:17:23 pm »
Hey guys, so I got an email today from deakin. They linked me to get enrolled, but one of the steps is to choose units and I have no idea what I'm going to do yet :/ Do you guys know what the closing date is to accept? Or is there another way to accept?

katykins

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Donde, está, la biblioteca
  • Respect: +12
Re: Accepting
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 12:50:39 pm »
im in the same boat! i have no idea! im a bit worried now. did you get any mail from deakin??
what a year it has been, thank goodness it is over, bring on a new chapter!

Psychology- 46!
Theatre studies- 37
Biology- 35
English- 34
Further maths-33
ATAR-87.15 so pleased!

any questions related to Psychology or Theatre Studies please don't hesitate to ask :)

Yendall

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +38
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 01:05:18 pm »
A few of my friends were having issues with Deakins system. From what I can gather, you enter the unit codes from the course you wish to enrol into. So, say you got accepted into a Bachelor of Arts and wanted to major in Sociology :

You would need to choose certain subjects to fit the course accordingly. The way Arts is set up is following this rule:

Select 6 credit points, including compulsory core units ASC308 and ASC250 and 2 level 3 units

And obviously for other courses, the core-reqs would change with different codes etc.

So you'd choose the subjects you'd like to study, including the core subjects have to make up 6 credits:

-ASC308 - Sociology and the Modern World (core unit)
-ASC250 - Social Research: An Introduction (core unit)
-ASC101 - Introduction to Sociology A (elective 1, Trimester 1)
-ASC102 - Introduction to Sociology B (elective 2, Trimester 2)
-ASC246/ASC346 - Sociology of the Media and Popular Culture (elective 3, Trimester 1)
-ASC304 - Culture and Control: Boundaries and Identities (elective 4, Trimester 2)

Don't follow me on that, but from what I can read that would make the most sense when enrolling. That makes up 6 credit points and would shape your semesters (I think) so when you are enrolling you enter those course codes.

Best thing you can do is ring the university :) they won't bite!
2013 - 2016: Bachelor of Computer Science @ RMIT
2017 - 2018: Master of Data Science @ RMIT
ΟΟΟΟ
VCE '12: | English | I.T: Applications | I.T: Software Development | Music Performance Solo |  Further Mathematics | Studio Arts |

panicatthelunchbar

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 04:40:16 pm »
I did get an email on Monday, and it says we have 10 working days to accept...but my info sesh for my course is on the 1st Feb :/

I came to the page where it asks for the units, but what if I don't know which ones I want to do!

Yendall

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +38
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 05:17:17 pm »
I did get an email on Monday, and it says we have 10 working days to accept...but my info sesh for my course is on the 1st Feb :/

I came to the page where it asks for the units, but what if I don't know which ones I want to do!
Have you had a look at the course structures for your degree?
2013 - 2016: Bachelor of Computer Science @ RMIT
2017 - 2018: Master of Data Science @ RMIT
ΟΟΟΟ
VCE '12: | English | I.T: Applications | I.T: Software Development | Music Performance Solo |  Further Mathematics | Studio Arts |

panicatthelunchbar

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 07:15:01 pm »
Yeah! I have no idea what to major in yet :/
I called them and they said I accept all the units listed, because they are compulsory anyway.... don't get the logic but oh well!

Thanks for all the help! Good luck ths year guys :)

aishuwa1995

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 11:33:30 am »
I have a question, when do we choose our elective subjects?  ??? When I enrolled they only had the compulsory subjects so I ticked those boxes...

katykins

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Donde, está, la biblioteca
  • Respect: +12
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2013, 04:56:17 pm »
I have a question, when do we choose our elective subjects?  ??? When I enrolled they only had the compulsory subjects so I ticked those boxes...

depends on your course :) mine is nursing/midwifery and all my units are pre-determined so i just confirmed them all. if you have a elective subject, you just select the browse unit button and choose your electives that adhere to the courses rules, for credit point purposes. Just have a look at the rules involved in each course at the deakin website :)
what a year it has been, thank goodness it is over, bring on a new chapter!

Psychology- 46!
Theatre studies- 37
Biology- 35
English- 34
Further maths-33
ATAR-87.15 so pleased!

any questions related to Psychology or Theatre Studies please don't hesitate to ask :)

aishuwa1995

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2013, 09:38:40 am »
the course advisor called me back and I enrolled into my elective :P you were meant to type in the code for that subject =.= lol