Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 08:03:46 am

Author Topic: Predicted ATAR of 76 but did not study?!  (Read 9007 times)  Share 

veganpilot

• West Australian
  • Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
  • School: Kelmscott Senior High School
Predicted ATAR of 76 but did not study?!
« on: February 20, 2013, 11:21:38 pm »
+1
I wish to pursue a career in the aviation industry when I graduate from high school this year. Although I thought I did horrendously last year according to the school report, and the fact I always played video games, slacked off and gained a horrible attendance of 72%, I managed to get a predicted ATAR of 76! I knew I was plain lazy, but that was resulted from the intensive bullying I suffered last year that triggered major stress, and it did impact greatly on my studies. However, how accurate is the predicted ATAR scores? If it is 76, I won't end up getting a 60 or 50, right? If I did pay all my efforts in studying this uear without any distactions and raising the attendance rate, will I easily get over an ATAR of 80 and get into UWA? I don't know why all the teachers were betting that I'd definately achieve that if I had really studied. The courses I am currently undertaking are:
. 3C/D Maths
. 3A/B English
. 3A/B Physics and
.3A/B Chemistry.
If I somehow cannot get into an aviation college and become a pilot, what other career fields are availible for me? I do not want to become a scientist or engineer.

pi

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Doctor.
  • Respect: +2376
Re: Predicted ATAR of 76 but did not study?!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 11:32:28 pm »
+1
Predicted ATARs are done by your school, and are usually accurate +/-5 points anaecdotally (for the average school).

I think if you put your head down this time and study you can get that 80 ATAR!

As for alternate pathways, some TAFE pathways exist to becoming a pilot. One that exists in Victoria is http://www.rmit.edu.au/browse;ID=AD023

Best of luck mate and welcome to AN! :)

Dedicated

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 11:34:28 pm »
No one expect you can answer the question of whether you'll get an atar of 80 or above with study. Personally I studied tremendously for Spesh (100ish trial exams and more) and made careless mistakes in exam 1- simply things don't always go to plan. So the best thing I can recommend is to give it your all as isn't that  what everyone should give to reach their dreams? Don't let others auto-pilot your life with what they predict take your own flight path. :)

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2593
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 11:36:13 pm »
Hey! I'm not from WA but I'd definitely take predicted ATARs with a grain of salt - especially when they were made prior to the beginning of Year 12. VCE is a fickle game, I certainly wouldn't base any of your habits, goals, or motivation off that number. In Victoria, it would be quite difficult to pull off a 76 with 72% attendance. You could very well end up getting a 50 or a 60 - no one can tell you that you will or won't, but it is a definite possibility. Easy is such a subjective word but I'd say if you put all of your effort into studying, no distractions, with great attendance, it is very probably you would achieve over 80. My advice is to study as hard as your psyche will allow you and let the system sort out the rest.
If you couldn't get into the airforce and you were passionate about it, you could enter into another ADFA program and go into the airforce through there.
✌️just do what makes you happy ✌️

BigAl

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +43
  • School: Isik College
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 03:21:39 am »
Moorabin pilot school if you're rich
2012 ATAR:88.90

2013-2015 Bachelor of Aerospace Engineering and Science (dropped in 2015)
2015-2017 Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical)

spurcher

• West Australian
  • Adventurer
  • I love science, but not as much as i love Chris xx
  • Respect: +2
  • School: Geraldton Grammar School
  • School Grad Year: 2013
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2013, 06:09:13 pm »
HAHA, well done anyway, well uh, i'm pretty sure there are so many other pathways to get into aviation. Unless of course you've looked at that already and that's why you're asking...? haha  :-\
And ah, I know you don't want to hear it, but doing something sciency seems to be something you'd be very good at....
Just an idea ???

Good luck with whatever happens  ;D
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Here to help with anything...
Message me online here or email me at; [email protected]