Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 04:31:37 am

Author Topic: Transfering to a different uni  (Read 1988 times)  Share 

DesiAussie

Transfering to a different uni
« on: May 15, 2013, 06:25:45 pm »
Hey guys,

would you need to do 3 trimesters to transfer to a bachelors of science or biomed (1st year) at Melbourne University? what gpa do you need to transfer?

much obliged :)

sluu001

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +28
  • School: University of Melbourne
Re: Transfering to a different uni
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 08:59:09 am »
Technically one semester of study is fine when putting ina transfer application. However, I assume you did not make the ATAR cut-off, in which case please read this thread:

What chance do I have - re. Mid-Year Entry

DesiAussie

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 09:59:02 am »
hi I had an ATAR in the 70's. I really slacked off in year 12, I take sole responsibility for that. How can I get into UoM B.Science or B.Biomed? I really want to get into one of these courses.  Im sure I can attain a good gpa this semester but im not doing any science related units. Do I have to do science subjects at uni to transfer to these courses? or can do the units i do in health science suffice?

thanks for your help!

kolol

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 01:39:20 pm »
+2
hi I had an ATAR in the 70's. I really slacked off in year 12, I take sole responsibility for that. How can I get into UoM B.Science or B.Biomed? I really want to get into one of these courses.  Im sure I can attain a good gpa this semester but im not doing any science related units. Do I have to do science subjects at uni to transfer to these courses? or can do the units i do in health science suffice?

thanks for your help!

Just letting you know. I got 76 ATAR, got into Deakin, and now I'm in Melboune Uni's Bachelor of Commerce that requires 95 ATAR and getting H1s.

So yes, it's always possible as long as you maintain a good average. I had never imagined that I could get into UoM, but it's never too late now. Aim for your goal and work as hard as you can. :)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 01:42:06 pm by kolol »