Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 10:02:43 am

Author Topic: English Stuphz, I dun needa spel kk  (Read 10162 times)  Share 

Ahmad

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • *dreamy sigh*
  • Respect: +15
English Stuphz, I dun needa spel kk
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2007, 06:25:47 pm »
Quote from: "maxleng"
Quote from: "Ahmad"
Basically your SAC ranking never changes. Regardless of how you do on the exam. If you're ranked 1st, you will obtain the highest external mark as your SAC mark.

For example, if you're ranked 1st for english, but bomb out in the exam, and someone else gets 85% for english (which is the highest mark in your subject group) then you get 85% as your SAC mark.

would this follow on, say 2nd rank gets 2nd highest (if its higher than their own) etc etc

I'm quite sure that is how it's done. There are more examples on the link I have provided in my earlier post.  :wink:
Mandark: Please, oh please, set me up on a date with that golden-haired angel who graces our undeserving school with her infinite beauty!

The collage of ideas. The music of reason. The poetry of thought. The canvas of logic.

Ahmad

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • *dreamy sigh*
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2007, 06:26:14 pm »
Quote from: "bilgia"
Yep. Like I'm stealing Mustafa's exam score right now. So yeah, all is well that ends well.

oh that thought must have relieved you significantly...

Yeah it has. It's infuriated him too, though. win/win
Mandark: Please, oh please, set me up on a date with that golden-haired angel who graces our undeserving school with her infinite beauty!

The collage of ideas. The music of reason. The poetry of thought. The canvas of logic.

Pencil

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +3
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2007, 06:32:59 pm »
so how does this screw those who are top-ranked? we get someone elses sac scores? or does it not affect us?

Ahmad

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • *dreamy sigh*
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2007, 06:34:13 pm »
This screws those who are ranked low, yet perform well in the exam. Because their SAC marks will cripple their score.

For people who are ranked first, it's good news, especially if someone at your school aces the exam...

Don't worry, I'm sure you pwned the english exam fraba :)

Pencil

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +3
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2007, 06:35:55 pm »
haha i wish  :P

ninwa

• Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +1021
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2007, 06:50:57 pm »
so ... you get someone else's sac scores, and keep your exam score?

so if im ranked no.1 ... ill probably almost definitely get A+ for my sac score? (cos every year at my school at least 2 or 3 ppl will get 50 for english)
ExamPro enquiries to [email protected]

bilgia

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2007, 06:59:32 pm »
+1
thats mad if true.....
My Subjects:
2006 I.T Systems --> 42
2007 English --> 40
         Methods --> 41
         Spec --> 38
         Chem --> 36
         Physics --> 37
         Unimaths --> 5.5

ENTER: 97.35

Ahmad

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • *dreamy sigh*
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2007, 07:01:21 pm »
Quote from: "ninwa"
so ... you get someone else's sac scores, and keep your exam score?

so if im ranked no.1 ... ill probably almost definitely get A+ for my sac score? (cos every year at my school at least 2 or 3 ppl will get 50 for english)

If you're ranked 1st, you'll get the highest exam mark as your SAC mark. So if someone gets 100% at your school for the exam, then you take that as your SAC mark. So you get 50% for SAC, and the other 50% depends on your performance in the exam.

I hope I made sense.

melanie.dee

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2007, 07:43:12 pm »
yep ninwa you'll take the top exam mark as your sac mark. so i imagine you're still going to go incredibly well!

i am also thankful for this. should ensure i still get A+A+ for sacs.. despite a possible C - B for exam haha oh god.

but on the other hand, it screws me over for chem. i do nothing for sacs - i get an average of A.. i am probably stuck in a big group that all got an A sort of average for sacs.. problem is i also got an A on the exam, whereas most of them dropped down to as low as a C and more around B/B+. i will be SO PISSED if they bring down my score, especially because i now need to go better in chem than before

im trying to work out if i ranked 1st or 2nd for french.. the other girl is about the same leve and me and didnt fuck up her oral, and will probably get a better exam mark than me now because of her good oral. i would so much love to take that as my sac mark haha. but she might be above me. gar.

ninwa

• Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +1021
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2007, 07:47:33 pm »
omg. i just realised im also ranked no.1 in german. i think. actually im not sure seeing as theres 3 ppl in my class. hmm .... ok im really starting to like sacs right now :P
ExamPro enquiries to [email protected]

joechan521

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2007, 09:26:32 pm »
Basically your SAC ranking never changes. Regardless of how you do on the exam. If you're ranked 1st, you will obtain the highest external mark as your SAC mark.

For example, if you're ranked 1st for english, but bomb out in the exam, and someone else gets 85% for english (which is the highest mark in your subject group) then you get 85% as your SAC mark.

this is what happened to my methods

SAC 100% in school, equally ranked 1st with another person

my sac score was scaled down to 98% in the statement of marks.

does that mean the highest exam mark in my school, was 98%??

but i got 99.17%in the exam, 238/240
06 method47 chinese 2nd language advanced39
07 english39 specailist44 accounting44 further48 psychology35
07 ENTER 99.15

Ahmad

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • *dreamy sigh*
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2007, 09:29:09 pm »
I think, if there's a tie, you both receive the LOWER exam mark as your SAC mark. So that means either you or your mate received approximately 98% for the exam. Is this right?

joechan521

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2007, 09:31:54 pm »
I think, if there's a tie, you both receive the LOWER exam mark as your SAC mark. So that means either you or your mate received approximately 98% for the exam. Is this right?

i just edited above, my exam was 99.17%,  when exam1 and exam2 are combined together
07 ENTER 99.15

Ahmad

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • *dreamy sigh*
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2007, 09:33:56 pm »
Quote from: "joechan521"

but i got 99.17%in the exam, 238/240

No, I'm talking about 98% for the person who got lower. This why teachers dislike ties, they basically screw both students over.

joechan521

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2007, 09:34:51 pm »

do u mean if the other person gets 98, he'll drag my sac down?
07 ENTER 99.15