Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 09:54:46 pm

Author Topic: electrical engineering  (Read 1941 times)  Share 

Teen

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
electrical engineering
« on: November 02, 2013, 10:01:15 pm »
My cousin is doing year 11 now... he was wondering... Is it better to do electrical engineering degree in rmit or monash??? Is it easy to find a job in electrical engineering field ???? is it better to do double degree or single???

thanks  for ur help guys :)
2011-biology
2012-Aiming  for ATAR of 90+

Kanon

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +68
  • School: Carwatha College P-12
  • School Grad Year: 2012
Re: electrical engineering
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 04:48:17 pm »
Hi Teen!
I've got a few friends studying Electrical Engineering (EE) and I share a few units with them. EE at RMIT is great because it's one of the few universities that has the facilities for high voltage analysis, similar to how Monash has one of the best windtunnels for Aerospace. I couldn't really help you with the other questions as they tend to be more individual than anything :)
'12 - English | Methods | Chemistry | Physics | IT Applications | IT Software Development
'14 - Bachelor of Science (Mathematics) / Bachelor of Computer Science | Monash University

Need a website? I run a web design business!  The Summit Digital

MagicGecko

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • W3$T $IDe I$ B3$T $!D3
  • Respect: +43
Re: electrical engineering
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 09:01:44 pm »
Is it better to do electrical engineering degree in rmit or monash???

In terms of facilities and equiptment I would say RMIT for reasons that Kanon mentioned. In terms or rep probably Monash. It all depends on the individual I guess.

Is it easy to find a job in electrical engineering field ????

Who knows...my year 12 teacher told me that 4 years ago, engineering job employment (yes electric eng included) was really high so you were almost definitely guaranteed a job however nowadays its not so high, but who knows maybe in 4 years time, or maybe next year or maybe when your friend comes out of uni the job employment will rise again.

is it better to do double degree or single???

Well a double degree implies you have broader knowledge, which is appealing to employers. I don't know about Monash, but electric engineering @ RMIT was made into a double degree (the first degree being bachelor degree and the second degree being an honours degree, so technically its a double degree).

2013-2016:
Bachelor of Engineering (Biomedical)(Honours) @ RMIT

~Full-Time Biomedical Engineer~

"im not crying there’s just overpriced college education in my eye" ~ abigalmills-tumblr