Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 25, 2024, 04:43:23 pm

Author Topic: RMIT and my ATAR  (Read 8792 times)  Share 

Ram007

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • ''Knowledge is power''
  • Respect: +1
RMIT and my ATAR
« on: December 16, 2013, 11:29:03 pm »
With an ATAR of 48.75 and having a look at my study scores could I get into Business Info System (applied or non-applied). I have applied for SNAPS and SEAS, and I recieved a letter saying good luck and they look forward to seeing me.

Ass. Degree Business RMIT.

Kanon

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +68
  • School: Carwatha College P-12
  • School Grad Year: 2012
Re: RMIT and my ATAR
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 12:32:47 am »
No-one can tell you definitively, but anecdotally RMIT tends to be really good with their disadvantage schemes and course entry. One of my friends last year got ~65-ish and got a place in Bachelor of Engineering (which I think had a 72 ATAR requirement).
'12 - English | Methods | Chemistry | Physics | IT Applications | IT Software Development
'14 - Bachelor of Science (Mathematics) / Bachelor of Computer Science | Monash University

Need a website? I run a web design business!  The Summit Digital

Ram007

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • ''Knowledge is power''
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2013, 12:39:44 am »
No-one can tell you definitively, but anecdotally RMIT tends to be really good with their disadvantage schemes and course entry. One of my friends last year got ~65-ish and got a place in Bachelor of Engineering (which I think had a 72 ATAR requirement).

Hopefully I can get into my 1st prefernce (business info systems applied) which last year the cleary-in was 65.40 and my 2nd preference is the same but non applied which the clearly in for that is expected to be around 54-55. So what do you reckon ?

Kanon

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2013, 12:47:29 am »
What categories of SEAs did you apply for?
'12 - English | Methods | Chemistry | Physics | IT Applications | IT Software Development
'14 - Bachelor of Science (Mathematics) / Bachelor of Computer Science | Monash University

Stevensmay

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2013, 12:58:58 am »
Just a heads up.
One additional aggregate point does not equal an increase of one in your ATAR. Generally an extra aggregate point will cause your ATAR to go up by around .3, depending on what it was to start with.

Ram007

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • ''Knowledge is power''
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2013, 01:06:32 am »
ATAR: 48.75

Your SEAS application consists of:
Category 1: Personal Information and Location

1st pref cleary-in was 65.40
2nd pref new course around 54-56

MagicGecko

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • W3$T $IDe I$ B3$T $!D3
  • Respect: +43
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2013, 01:28:09 am »

Kanon's right, I have a friend (who is in my year) that got about a 66 ATAR and a 23 in english. His first pref at RMIT was Biomedical Engineering (the same course as me), the clearly in ATAR for it though was 80.45. He applied for SEAS (only 2 categories) and he had SNAP. When first round offers came about, he found out he got in! So just like Kanon said, RMIT is really lenient, they tend to look more at your SEAS and/or SNAP.

2013-2016:
Bachelor of Engineering (Biomedical)(Honours) @ RMIT

~Full-Time Biomedical Engineer~

"im not crying there’s just overpriced college education in my eye" ~ abigalmills-tumblr

Ram007

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • ''Knowledge is power''
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2013, 01:34:13 am »
So with a 48.75 ATAR and 2013 cleary-in of 65.40 for 1st prefernce and 56 for 2nd there is a chance of SEAS( catergory 1) and SNAPS getting me in . I got 28 in english 29 business 25 IT middle band :)

jacknthebeanstalk

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2013, 02:06:23 am »
Kanon's right, I have a friend (who is in my year) that got about a 66 ATAR and a 23 in english. His first pref at RMIT was Biomedical Engineering (the same course as me), the clearly in ATAR for it though was 80.45. He applied for SEAS (only 2 categories) and he had SNAP. When first round offers came about, he found out he got in! So just like Kanon said, RMIT is really lenient, they tend to look more at your SEAS and/or SNAP.
sweet, there is hope!

Kanon

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2013, 02:27:52 am »
So with a 48.75 ATAR and 2013 cleary-in of 65.40 for 1st prefernce and 56 for 2nd there is a chance of SEAS( catergory 1) and SNAPS getting me in . I got 28 in english 29 business 25 IT middle band :)

Definitely put the first four or so of your preferences as the courses that you would like to get into regardless of ATAR, so long as they're not Monash or UoM there's a chance you could get into them and then put the following courses as ones that you're interested in that aren't your main preference. :) GOODLUCK THOUGH!

lala1911

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2013, 03:50:34 am »
There is hope still but it's quite a bit off the clearly in. You could be accepted into the bachelor of I.T. Have you applied for La Trobe or Deakin's I.T courses? La Trobe's is 55 and Deakins is 50 I think. I'm sure you'd get accepted into the Associate degree at RMIT though and then you can transfer in.

Ram007

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • ''Knowledge is power''
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2013, 09:39:14 am »
Just spoke to my careers adviser. He said to still put info systems applied first and non applied second. 3rd I have the associate degree of business and then some it degrees , 7th i have business at vic uni and will put some more :)