Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 07:13:44 pm

Author Topic: Brother's chance of getting into construction management at RMIT?  (Read 2373 times)  Share 

Fantasia94

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +14
  • School: The University of Melbourne
So my brother received his 53.05 atar yesterday and is wondering what his chances are of getting into construction management at RMIT which requires an atar of 81.45? By the way, he has met the prerequisites of the course and has applied for SEAS in the categories of underrepresented school and disadvantaged financial background.
Furthermore, do you also happen to know of any other construction/ building related University courses which require an atar that is similar or below to the one he has achieved?

Any advice or help will be very appreciated :) :)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 02:48:19 pm by Fantasia94 »
2013-2015 The University of Melbourne - BEnvs (Civil Systems Major)
2016-2017 The University of Melbourne - Master of Engineering (Civil)

MagicGecko

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • W3$T $IDe I$ B3$T $!D3
  • Respect: +43
Re: Brother's chance of getting into construction management at RMIT?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 02:33:30 am »
Chances are, not very good, unless he has SNAP, but even then he will probably have a 50-50 chance.
Construction Management at RMIT is essentially a bachelor of applied science specializing in construction management, you might want to put applied science as one of his prereq's and if he gets into that then he can to do for half a year or so and then transfer into construction management, given he gets a high enough GPA. It doesn't need to be applied science and it doesn't need to be at RMIT, as long as the course has some relevance to construction management.

Furthermore, do you also happen to know of any other construction/ building related University courses which require an atar that is similar or below to the one he has achieved?

I could't find any, the only ones were too high atars or ones that required a portfolio of the sort, although there was a similar one at Deakin but that is based in Geelong. Not sure if you're interested but anyway the info is in the link below if you are curious:

http://www.vtac.edu.au/CourseSearch/searchguide.htm?courseCode=1400416101

2013-2016:
Bachelor of Engineering (Biomedical)(Honours) @ RMIT

~Full-Time Biomedical Engineer~

"im not crying there’s just overpriced college education in my eye" ~ abigalmills-tumblr

Fantasia94

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +14
  • School: The University of Melbourne
Re: Brother's chance of getting into construction management at RMIT?
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 06:56:30 pm »
Chances are, not very good, unless he has SNAP, but even then he will probably have a 50-50 chance.
Construction Management at RMIT is essentially a bachelor of applied science specializing in construction management, you might want to put applied science as one of his prereq's and if he gets into that then he can to do for half a year or so and then transfer into construction management, given he gets a high enough GPA. It doesn't need to be applied science and it doesn't need to be at RMIT, as long as the course has some relevance to construction management.

I could't find any, the only ones were too high atars or ones that required a portfolio of the sort, although there was a similar one at Deakin but that is based in Geelong. Not sure if you're interested but anyway the info is in the link below if you are curious:

http://www.vtac.edu.au/CourseSearch/searchguide.htm?courseCode=1400416101

Thank you so much. I am sure that all of this will be very relevant and useful to him. :) I just really hope that he gets into his first or at least second preference!
2013-2015 The University of Melbourne - BEnvs (Civil Systems Major)
2016-2017 The University of Melbourne - Master of Engineering (Civil)