Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 02:07:01 pm

Author Topic: RMIT Info Systems  (Read 2731 times)  Share 

Ram007

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • ''Knowledge is power''
  • Respect: +1
RMIT Info Systems
« on: January 12, 2014, 11:23:26 am »
What are the chances of me getting into Business Info Systems Applied (65.40) or Business Info Systems (56.00) with an ATAR of 48.75 and having applied for SEAS (Catergory 1) & SNAPS coming from an disadvantaged school?
Ass. Degree Business RMIT.

MagicGecko

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • W3$T $IDe I$ B3$T $!D3
  • Respect: +43
Re: RMIT Info Systems
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 01:51:40 pm »
Chances of getting into both of them look pretty low ATAR wise tbh. Honestly it depends on how many people are applying for the course, but the fact that you have SNAP as well as SEAS is a huge advantage. I know someone who got a ATAR of 66.40 and wanted to do a course that had an 88.40 clearly in, he had SEAS (disadvantage school and youth allowance) and SNAP and he ended up getting in. RMIT tends to favor those with SNAP and SEAS, so you still have an alright chance, I guess you'll find out in 5 days. Good luck :)

2013-2016:
Bachelor of Engineering (Biomedical)(Honours) @ RMIT

~Full-Time Biomedical Engineer~

"im not crying there’s just overpriced college education in my eye" ~ abigalmills-tumblr

spectroscopy

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +373
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 02:01:50 pm »
My schools career counselor says that RMIT quite often puts up a certain clearly in atar as a requirement but lets a lot of people under that clearly in, into the course (I think its called middle-band entry? :P ) so there is a very real chance for the non-applied course, but I wouldn't bank on it, so I would slowly start to look at back ups just in case. But with SEAS and SNAP you should have a decent shot ! But also keep in mind, alot of people with atars in the range similiar to yours also have SEAS categories and go to SNAP schools, so it is very far from guaranteed

Best of luck !! :)

Ram007

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • ''Knowledge is power''
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 10:17:07 pm »
Ok I see , well my 3rd preference is Associate Degree of Business (50.15) which after 2 years leads onto Info Systems after completing the course. I have met pre-requisites and middle-band (4 points) If I receive this offer I may receive my 2nd or even 1st preference in Round 2 I've been told :)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 10:19:39 pm by Ram007 »
Ass. Degree Business RMIT.

spectroscopy

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +373
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2014, 11:30:12 pm »
sounds like a good plan  ;D

Hancock

• SUPER ENGINEERING MAN
  • Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +270
  • School: Ringwood Secondary College
  • School Grad Year: 2011
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2014, 11:35:30 pm »
Chances of getting into both of them look pretty low ATAR wise tbh. Honestly it depends on how many people are applying for the course, but the fact that you have SNAP as well as SEAS is a huge advantage. I know someone who got a ATAR of 66.40 and wanted to do a course that had an 88.40 clearly in, he had SEAS (disadvantage school and youth allowance) and SNAP and he ended up getting in. RMIT tends to favor those with SNAP and SEAS, so you still have an alright chance, I guess you'll find out in 5 days. Good luck :)

Slightly off topic, but your RMIT degree for Biomed Eng has professional accreditation, so why would need to do a M.Eng at Melbourne? Or is it just for personal reasons?
Thinking of doing Engineering? - Engineering FAQs

2012 - 2014: B.Sc. - Mechanical Systems - The University of Melbourne
2014 - 2014: Cross-Institutional Study - Aero/Mech Engineering - Monash University
2015 - 2016: M.Eng (Mechanical with Business) - The University of Melbourne
2015 - Sem1: Exchange Semester - ETH Zurich

MagicGecko

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • W3$T $IDe I$ B3$T $!D3
  • Respect: +43
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2014, 01:55:17 am »
Slightly off topic, but your RMIT degree for Biomed Eng has professional accreditation, so why would need to do a M.Eng at Melbourne? Or is it just for personal reasons?

Ah that....well apparently because my course is a rather new course (started in 2012), it has not yet received professional accreditation from Engineers Australia, but will once the first batch of students graduate (so my course coordinator says). So in the low probably maybe could be possibly low chance that it does not receive professional accreditation once I graduate then I will do the master at UoM but if it does then there is no need and I can update my sig! May seem pointless, but I'll wait and see how things turn out. :)

Anyway SORRY OP, back to topic!

2013-2016:
Bachelor of Engineering (Biomedical)(Honours) @ RMIT

~Full-Time Biomedical Engineer~

"im not crying there’s just overpriced college education in my eye" ~ abigalmills-tumblr