Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 26, 2024, 03:53:25 am

Author Topic: RMIT Mid Year transfer  (Read 2528 times)  Share 

Mr Keshy

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Get in my Beamer Benz or Bentley
  • Respect: +68
  • School Grad Year: 2013
RMIT Mid Year transfer
« on: May 25, 2014, 04:33:22 pm »
Hey guys I'm thinking about transferring out of Swinburne university to RMIT. I'm currently studying Mechatronics Engineering/Business, which required an atar of around 75. I got 74.8. I want to swap into RMIT Business (economics, finance) and that required around 71. Would I be able transfer? and are uni results critical, as I don't believe I will do too well as I didn't enjoy what i was doing this year.
Please... Call me Kesh

Subjects

English, Physics, Chemistry, Methods, Further, Business

Kanon

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • School: Carwatha College P-12
  • School Grad Year: 2012
Re: RMIT Mid Year transfer
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 03:06:56 am »
+1
There's about a 50-50 weighting between your VCE results and your uni results. That being said, in the application process RMIT tends to be very reasonable and you can explain that your uni results were due to disinterest/challenging topics, etc
'12 - English | Methods | Chemistry | Physics | IT Applications | IT Software Development
'14 - Bachelor of Science (Mathematics) / Bachelor of Computer Science | Monash University

Need a website? I run a web design business!  The Summit Digital

Mr Keshy

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2014, 09:37:26 am »
There's about a 50-50 weighting between your VCE results and your uni results. That being said, in the application process RMIT tends to be very reasonable and you can explain that your uni results were due to disinterest/challenging topics, etc

That's good to hear! Is there a way I can speak to some people to increase my chances? I might go to the info corner today and speak to them.
Please... Call me Kesh

Subjects

Kanon

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • School: Carwatha College P-12
  • School Grad Year: 2012
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2014, 02:46:11 pm »
+1
I don't think there is anyone that you can talk to that would increase your chances, but just write a kickass letter explaining your situation and attach it to your application and she'll be right. Goodluck!
'12 - English | Methods | Chemistry | Physics | IT Applications | IT Software Development
'14 - Bachelor of Science (Mathematics) / Bachelor of Computer Science | Monash University

Need a website? I run a web design business!  The Summit Digital

Mr Keshy

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2014, 08:15:06 pm »
I don't think there is anyone that you can talk to that would increase your chances, but just write a kickass letter explaining your situation and attach it to your application and she'll be right. Goodluck!

Thanks for your help mate! I emailed the selection officer for the business faculty, hope that helps! hahaha
Please... Call me Kesh

Subjects