Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 03:48:24 pm

Author Topic: Business  (Read 2059 times)  Share 

SilverBullet

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +1
Business
« on: January 06, 2008, 11:40:07 am »
Hey guys,

Just after some advice :)

I'm going to be studying business this year with a major of HR. The problem is though that I didn't do Business Management or anything similar to that as a VCE subject. These subjects weren't listed as prerequisites however I have a feeling that a lot of the other students would have completed this subject. I regret not doing it now but when I was choosing my subjects I was leaning towards the Journalism path and it wasn't til late April that I decided this would be a better way to go.

Do you think I will be far behind other students? Should I buy the Units 3&4 Business Management book and read it/write up some notes?

I don't want to be behind everyone before the course has even got going! ???
« Last Edit: January 06, 2008, 11:51:42 am by SilverBullet »
"And I made that connection between hard work and results, performance. I kept pushing myself seeing how far I could improve myself, and knew if I worked hard I would improve." Nathan Buckley

To sort out the confusion: I'm a girl!

brendan

Re: Business
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 12:18:25 pm »
Hey guys,

Just after some advice :)

I'm going to be studying business this year with a major of HR. The problem is though that I didn't do Business Management or anything similar to that as a VCE subject. These subjects weren't listed as prerequisites however I have a feeling that a lot of the other students would have completed this subject. I regret not doing it now but when I was choosing my subjects I was leaning towards the Journalism path and it wasn't til late April that I decided this would be a better way to go.

Do you think I will be far behind other students? Should I buy the Units 3&4 Business Management book and read it/write up some notes?

I don't want to be behind everyone before the course has even got going! ???

no you won't be behind. it's not even a prereq. don't worry. BM is mostly fluff so don't worry.

Odette

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008, 12:29:15 pm »
Hehe, don't worry, if it wasn't a prerequisite subject, you will most likely learn part of it at the beginning of the course... have you looked at the course outline? maybe you wont even cover business management :P

SilverBullet

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2008, 12:37:25 pm »
Odette it does an 'Organisation and Management' unit. I guess it would come under that!

Thanks for your help guys!
"And I made that connection between hard work and results, performance. I kept pushing myself seeing how far I could improve myself, and knew if I worked hard I would improve." Nathan Buckley

Odette

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2008, 04:52:44 pm »
Hmm I think you will more likely end up learning about other aspects of management anyway... so you don't really need to have studied business management 3+4(corporate management)... If you are really worried about it then you can take a look at the notes i posted in the business management forum =)

Good Luck ^_^

AppleXY

• Life cannot be Delta Hedged.
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Even when the bears bite, confidence never dies.
  • Respect: +16
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2008, 08:06:13 pm »
Don't worry Sliverbullet. Business management is mainly common sense, it's REALLY easy to grasp :)

2009 - BBus (Econometrics/Economics&Fin) @ Monash

For Email: click here

Need a question answered? Merspi it!

[quote="Benjamin F

SilverBullet

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2008, 09:34:17 pm »
Thanks guys!

That's why I love this forum so much, everyone is sooo kind!