Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 26, 2024, 06:35:55 am

Author Topic: Transferring to Bcom  (Read 4522 times)  Share 

kvl191919

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
  • School Grad Year: 2014
Transferring to Bcom
« on: May 22, 2015, 10:37:53 pm »
Hi guys,

Has anyone here gotten into Bcom through a course transfer? If so, I'll appreciate if you could tell me the process (ie. GPA scores you got).

Let me explain my situation to help you understand better. I'm currently enrolled in Bachelor of Science at Monash (first year first sem), where I am currently studying maths, computer science and accounting (as an elective). My first course choice was Bcom at Melbourne uni, in which I intended to major in Actuarial Science. Unfortunately my ATAR for 2014 was a disappointing 87.4 so I didn't make the cut. It currently takes me an hour to get to Monash which is a ridiculous amount of time and would really like to transfer to UoM.

What are my chances of successfully transferring from my current course to Bcom mid year? In other words, what is Melbourne uni's selection criteria? Will they take into account my ATAR more than my GPA since it is only mid year?

What is best pathway into the course or to gain accreditation to become an actuary without taking Bcom?

Tell me what you think. Thanks so much for reading. Hope to hear your replies soon.

mikehepro

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +14
  • School: Beaconhills College
Re: Transferring to Bcom
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 10:48:40 pm »
Both GPA and ATAR, but the mid year cut off is really high due to the small amount of places. I want to drop out of Bsci and go into Bcom so I went to student center today, they told me I need 97-8 atar on top of a 70%+ average. I think they are exaggerating a bit but it is very competitive apparently.
Still try applying tho haha, my mate transferred into commerce from RMIT with a 78% average at the start of the year (but as i mentioned mid-year is a lot harder 0.0 )
2015: UoM BSci

kvl191919

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2015, 10:59:05 pm »
A 97?? That's pretty insane. Is that for mid year by itself or do I need that for a second year transfer?

mikehepro

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +14
  • School: Beaconhills College
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2015, 11:09:03 am »
A 97?? That's pretty insane. Is that for mid year by itself or do I need that for a second year transfer?

only talking about mid year here.
It drops lower second year coz more spots.
2015: UoM BSci