Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 11:24:32 am

Author Topic: english study score  (Read 4215 times)  Share 

melanie.dee

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +1
english study score
« on: November 02, 2007, 09:48:43 pm »
whats my best case scenario..

sac marks will probably scaled to a low A+ (im ranked within the group of people that'll get 40 - 43 so ill grab the equivalent of that

for the exam.. worst case scenario

essay 1: 14
essay 2: 10
analysis: 5
pov: 1

total 30/60

best case scenario
essay 1: 17
essay 2: 13
analysis: 6.5
pov: 2

38.5/60

oh boyyyyyyy

Ahmad

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • *dreamy sigh*
  • Respect: +15
english study score
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 09:50:02 pm »
I thought you loved theme essays, what happened?
Mandark: Please, oh please, set me up on a date with that golden-haired angel who graces our undeserving school with her infinite beauty!

The collage of ideas. The music of reason. The poetry of thought. The canvas of logic.

melanie.dee

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
english study score
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 09:53:33 pm »
oh yeh those scores are the other way around. the higher score for part 2 essay and the lower one for part 1 essay. i just wrote them essay 1 essay 2 i guess cos thats the order i did them lol

i could barely write the part 1 essay, i restarted the intro 3 times cos it kept sounding like a part 2 essay

joechan521

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
english study score
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2007, 09:53:54 pm »
i don't think you will do that bad, u r being over conservertism
06 method47 chinese 2nd language advanced39
07 english39 specailist44 accounting44 further48 psychology35
07 ENTER 99.15

Ahmad

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • *dreamy sigh*
  • Respect: +15
english study score
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2007, 09:54:39 pm »
I agree with mr chan. I bet you'll get an awesome mark.
Mandark: Please, oh please, set me up on a date with that golden-haired angel who graces our undeserving school with her infinite beauty!

The collage of ideas. The music of reason. The poetry of thought. The canvas of logic.

melanie.dee

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
english study score
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2007, 10:00:44 pm »
thanks for your positivity, i doubt it, but i suppose i can just hope my part 2 essay was really good. not that i think it was particularly exceptional,but getting a good mark for that is really my only hope.

i wonder whatthe top i can get for the pov is.. i think i wrote about 80 - 100 words, saying something like lalala creating a generation of people unprepared to face the adult world, without the skills to make decisions outside the support of the family unit lala it was very vague and very shit, but can i expect to pick up any marks for control of language or something.. or is 2 pretty much the maximum?

ninwa

• Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +1021
english study score
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2007, 10:06:15 pm »
well as long as you used decent language and had a good argument, you might scrape a 3 or 4 if you're lucky. plus im sure your other two essays AND analysis weren't that bad ... probably 7/8 material esp considering english is one of your best subjects. so if you got, 8, for everything and 4 for POV ... that comes to ... uhh ... 44/60. which would be B+?
ExamPro enquiries to [email protected]

melanie.dee

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
english study score
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2007, 10:11:54 pm »
yeh i wont get 8 for lbw essay or the analysis though, cos i didnt really finish them, i just had to shove conclusions on the end.. maybe 7 max. wow im an idiot how did i let myself down so badly. hopefully they take pity on me and give me like 3 for the pov

joechan521

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
english study score
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2007, 10:18:30 pm »
melanie.... you should try this.

read all the examples of medium scoring responses in the assessment report.
those are indication of what a 5/10 or a 10/20 quality are.
and im sure your essays would be much better than those examples

and if you read the low scoring ones, that would be indicating 1/10 or 2/10 quality, and im sure your POV was better than those
06 method47 chinese 2nd language advanced39
07 english39 specailist44 accounting44 further48 psychology35
07 ENTER 99.15

melanie.dee

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
english study score
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2007, 10:38:41 pm »
yeh i think im better than all the medium response ones.. but probably not by much for the analysis and part 1 essay

and the pov.. obviously my expression is a lot better, but really one sentence doesnt leave much room for content haha

so anyway can someone give me score estimates for the scenarios i put in my first post?

choc_bananas

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
english study score
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2007, 11:05:56 am »
i absolutely stuffed my exam aswell. i can't believe it. can someone estimate a study score for me? please!

I am ranked 1st in my school. A+ in all SACs except the oral which was an A... and then the exam happened....

TR 1: 14/20
TR 2: 8/20
LAN ANAL: 6/10
POV: 6/10

way too stressed. had no confidence in my writing/arguments/ideas. couldn't think or write. i feel so hard done by after all the effort i put in during the year and leading up to the exam. :-(
b]History is the only laboratory we have in which to test the consequences of thought.[/b]
 - Etienne Gilson

Odette

english study score
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2007, 11:07:13 am »
Quote from: "choc_bananas"
i absolutely stuffed my exam aswell. i can't believe it. can someone estimate a study score for me? please!

I am ranked 1st in my school. A+ in all SACs except the oral which was an A... and then the exam happened....

TR 1: 14/20
TR 2: 10/20
LAN ANAL: 12/20
POV: 12/20

way too stressed. had no confidence in my writing/arguments/ideas. couldn't think or write. i feel so hard done by after all the effort i put in during the year and leading up to the exam. :-(

Awww... btw writing tasks are out of 10 not 20
I'm sure you'll be fine :)
Good luck all the best :)

choc_bananas

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
english study score
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2007, 11:18:49 am »
oops. sorry. wasn't thinking.. can't think.. don't want to think.. I want forget that exam ever happened.
b]History is the only laboratory we have in which to test the consequences of thought.[/b]
 - Etienne Gilson