Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 09:32:51 pm

Author Topic: Phone Recommendations  (Read 8554 times)  Share 

Kalopsic

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +13
Re: Phone Recommendations
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2016, 12:59:36 pm »
Apart from all the suggested phones, I would suggest The Google Nexus line up's and the One plus 2. The perks of a Nexus is that it will be one of the first to receive the newest Android OS updates and features high end specs.

The One Plus 2 is a budget phone that also features high end specs. They have a tricky purchase system but from what I've heard, every Tuesday they allow anyone to purchase the phone.
2014: English | Maths Methods | Physics | Chemistry | Biology | Chinese (SL)
2015-2017: B.Sci @ UoM
2018-2019: M. Marketing Communications @ UoM

Mc47

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
  • School Grad Year: 2015
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2016, 01:28:31 pm »
I have an iPhone 6, purely because I prefer the way it looks/operates. I had a Galaxy for some time and didn't really care for it. I only use my phone to browse the Internet and call/text, so it works perfectly for me  :)

Orson

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +21
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2016, 05:08:21 pm »
Apart from all the suggested phones, I would suggest The Google Nexus line up's and the One plus 2. The perks of a Nexus is that it will be one of the first to receive the newest Android OS updates and features high end specs.

The One Plus 2 is a budget phone that also features high end specs. They have a tricky purchase system but from what I've heard, every Tuesday they allow anyone to purchase the phone.

Yeah. Buying OP2s is so hard. I tried, but gave up and bought an S5. So much easier...
2015: VCE
2016: BCivEng(Hons)/BCom at MU

Feel free to PM me for your engineering queries

yangsta999

• Non-Student
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: +1
  • School Grad Year: 2014
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2016, 04:26:06 pm »
Yeah. Buying OP2s is so hard. I tried, but gave up and bought an S5. So much easier...

Agreed. It took my bro 3 months to get his One Plus 2 with an invite. Postage from the US took 1 month and lots of hassle and extra costs with Australia Post not wanting to ship the phone because of its battery size lol. He's more than pleased with the phone itself and its specs especially considering its low price.

If OP hasn't already decided on a new phone, I can recommend the iPhone 6 and the Galaxy S6 both of which I've used.

The Galaxy S6 is a beast - the muscle car of phones today, and it has a much more aesthetically pleasing design. Screen resolution, colours and contrast are superior and its camera is top of the market especially for taking photos in low light. If you like to listen to music, they have personalized equalizers based on your hearing that can blow you away no joke.. like surround sound in your earphones how cool is that! Fastest charging out there and tough resilient build if you tend to drop your phone. Great price. Though tends to get hot with videos/games and there is also un-removable bloatware. The Edge variant is also nice because of the extra features and that it looks and feels unique. However the curved screen on both sides effectively reduces the area of functional screen in the centre and makes it harder to hold.

Although I was so ready to distance myself from Apple after leaving my iPhone 4s, I ended up going back to the iPhone 6. The battery life rocks since it uses less processors (2 cf. 8 in the Galaxy) albeit more powerful and efficient ones, and the software is much better optimized which is a long touted advantage of iOS. Charge would only drop about 3-4% overnight whereas my Galaxy dropped 15-20%. It's good to have one centralized iMessage instead of multiple third-party apps, the Touch ID is fastest and speakers are nicer with more bass. Lastly, I'd recommend jailbreaking for that extra freedom and customization, and also the fact that you can get some of the features (Live Photos) normally exclusive to the iPhone 6s.
2014: 99.95 ATAR (TCE)
2015-2017: BSc @ UoM
2018-2021: DDS or MD @ UoM