Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 25, 2024, 12:06:41 am

Author Topic: UAC Application Letters  (Read 3666 times)  Share 

studybuddy7777

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +16
UAC Application Letters
« on: August 03, 2016, 01:04:39 pm »
I just received my UAC letter today so if people haven't received theirs, its on the way!

I just thought this would be a good forum to address any questions or concerns that anyone has, as well as any advice people can give to 2016ers.

Some important things
-This is a crucial document it has a 4 digit pin which allows you to apply through UAC. Do not lose it or you will be sorry  :-X
-You have until the end of September to apply (later than that is acceptable but charges go up)
- Check your email address! My default one was my school email address and that will delete itself before the atar is released. Hence it is vital to change this! Also add your phone number (mobile and home if possible) for more contact info.
- Know your student number and the pin UAC gave you as well as the pin used to login to studentsonline

Thanks and I hope this helps! Feel free to post down below and comments, questions or advice :D
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 01:17:01 pm by studybuddy7777 »

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: UAC Application Letters
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 02:21:06 pm »
Will ditto study buddy and say PLEASE ask questions about this process if you have them!! It can be a little weird, and we'll be putting out some stuff concerning preferences and the like, but don't get mixed up on something tiny and have it throw everything out, ask us!  ;D

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
  • Respect: +2575
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 02:28:29 pm »
+1
But rest assured. Most of the application process is self guided.

Perhaps one question on people's minds would be the payment. Short answer: Don't worry, they accept PayPal

A1P

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2016, 03:08:23 pm »
+1
-You have until the end of September to apply (later than that is acceptable but charges go up)

In case it's overlooked, a reminder that Med (and Dentistry too I think) does not allow late applications.

studybuddy7777

• Forum Leader
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2016, 04:06:55 pm »
But rest assured. Most of the application process is self guided.

Perhaps one question on people's minds would be the payment. Short answer: Don't worry, they accept PayPal

Haha how about paywave or gift cards? Or do i have to input my 16 number credit card lol ;D people forget how recent it was that paywave/paypass wasnt a thing :D

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "Hey little fighter, soon it will be brighter."
  • Respect: +970
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2016, 06:04:16 pm »
Seriously put this letter in a ridiculously safe place. You wouldn't believe how many people were spewing when they were on hold to UAC for several hours on the last day of UAC submissions before the cost rises, trying to get their pin! Write that stuff down!!
Not sure how to navigate around ATAR Notes? Check out this video!

studybuddy7777

• Forum Leader
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2016, 06:07:13 pm »
Seriously put this letter in a ridiculously safe place. You wouldn't believe how many people were spewing when they were on hold to UAC for several hours on the last day of UAC submissions before the cost rises, trying to get their pin! Write that stuff down!!

Lol thats longer than being on a phone call to telstra!!
I'm gonna write it in my 'notes' (on ipad) straightaway :)

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2016, 06:09:20 pm »
Lol thats longer than being on a phone call to telstra!!
I'm gonna write it in my 'notes' (on ipad) straightaway :)

From memory, there's a silver shiny thing over your pin? And you have to pull it off like a sticker? Several people in my cohort thought you had to scratch it like a scratchie, and scratched the entire pin off  ;D

studybuddy7777

• Forum Leader
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2016, 06:14:29 pm »
From memory, there's a silver shiny thing over your pin? And you have to pull it off like a sticker? Several people in my cohort thought you had to scratch it like a scratchie, and scratched the entire pin off  ;D

It clearly says on it "Do not attempt to peel or pull" and "Scratch the panel to reveal your UAC pin"? There was a shiny silver thing until i scratched it off though.

Not sure if you can get peel off ones though by request? Maybe special people get those ones :P ;)

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2016, 06:16:15 pm »
It clearly says on it "Do not attempt to peel or pull" and "Scratch the panel to reveal your UAC pin"? There was a shiny silver thing until i scratched it off though.

Not sure if you can get peel off ones though by request? Maybe special people get those ones :P ;)

Okay, maybe it was in reverse! So we were supposed to scratch but people were pulling, and ending up ripping the page! I can't remember, but it was definitely something like that. There was much uproar about everyone's stupidity in the HSC Discussion Group for our cohort hahaha

studybuddy7777

• Forum Leader
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2016, 06:19:02 pm »
Okay, maybe it was in reverse! So we were supposed to scratch but people were pulling, and ending up ripping the page! I can't remember, but it was definitely something like that. There was much uproar about everyone's stupidity in the HSC Discussion Group for our cohort hahaha

Lol our discussion group is filled with comments about the signature (Eng Paper 1).Doesnt seem like it was a popular text haha.

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
  • Respect: +2575
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2016, 06:30:24 pm »
Haha how about paywave or gift cards? Or do i have to input my 16 number credit card lol ;D people forget how recent it was that paywave/paypass wasnt a thing :D
Unsure, wouldn't remember
It was definitely a scratchie. When you get sent three of them in three different years...well ahaha

Normally if you pull it off you pull the number off as well.

I doubt it though, like this is a pointless thing to request lel. Just scratch it with a coin

studybuddy7777

• Forum Leader
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2016, 07:31:34 pm »
Lol I wasnt actually being serious!! But i have to say your answers are valid, there is no point having special pull off stickers compared to scratchies ahaha ;D