Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 05:47:39 pm

Author Topic: Year 11 Chemistry ATAR Books?  (Read 6334 times)  Share 

samuelbeattie76

• Adventurer
  • Obsessed with improvement
  • Respect: 0
Year 11 Chemistry ATAR Books?
« on: December 09, 2016, 10:29:46 pm »
What books would you recommend for a year 11 student who wants to study chemistry over the holidays?

I live in WA by the way.

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: Year 11 Chemistry ATAR Books?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2016, 10:44:19 pm »
What books would you recommend for a year 11 student who wants to study chemistry over the holidays?

I live in WA by the way.

Hey! Unfortunately none of the books sold by ATAR Notes cover Chemistry content for WACE, nor can I recommend any others :( do you have a prescribed textbook for the Year 12 course (or access to a teacher who can tell you what it will be?) Reading your textbook is probably your best bet if you want a head start! ;D

Some of the Chemistry gurus might know something more yet  8)

samuelbeattie76

• Adventurer
  • Obsessed with improvement
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2016, 01:06:08 am »
Hey! Unfortunately none of the books sold by ATAR Notes cover Chemistry content for WACE, nor can I recommend any others :( do you have a prescribed textbook for the Year 12 course (or access to a teacher who can tell you what it will be?) Reading your textbook is probably your best bet if you want a head start! ;D

Some of the Chemistry gurus might know something more yet  8)

How similar is the VCE to WACE?

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2016, 01:13:34 am »
How similar is the VCE to WACE?

Given that I've done neither I don't think I'm qualified to answer  :-\ someone who did VCE Chemistry might have a rough idea, or maybe could do a bit of a Google, look at the study designs/syllabuses and try and spot some connections? :)

keltingmeith

• Honorary Moderator
  • he/him - they is also fine
  • Respect: +1292
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2016, 02:50:19 am »
A cursory glance tells me that VCE and WACE are fairly similar - BUT only for the new syllabus of each. So, any old materials probably aren't going to help you too much. But, if you really want, you could grab one of the AN products (such as our lecture notes) or a VCE textbook and work from them. However, this is only true for year 12 - year 11 doesn't seem to have the same sort of feel, unfortunately.

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
  • Respect: +2593
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2016, 12:13:26 pm »
A cursory glance tells me that VCE and WACE are fairly similar - BUT only for the new syllabus of each. So, any old materials probably aren't going to help you too much. But, if you really want, you could grab one of the AN products (such as our lecture notes) or a VCE textbook and work from them. However, this is only true for year 12 - year 11 doesn't seem to have the same sort of feel, unfortunately.
The Year 11 VCE Chem notes are written to the 2017 syllabus :)
✌️just do what makes you happy ✌️