Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 05:16:03 am

Author Topic: Communal VCE Journey Journal (feel free to participate!)  (Read 182227 times)

The Cat In The Hat

• MOTM: NOV 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Do all to the glory of God. - 1 Corinthians 10:31
  • Respect: +344
Re: Communal VCE Journey Journal (feel free to participate!)
« Reply #435 on: September 18, 2020, 01:50:44 pm »
+5
I finished my last SAC! No more SACs to do, ever (unless I flunk year 12 :P). History, didn't do so well, but at the moment I don't care. Anyhow, I got a shockingly unexpectedly amazingly high mark for the first of the two unit 4 SACs (averaging around 70-80, got 92%) awhile ago, so that can carry me if this one doesn't. But jubilation! One more step closer to the end.

:D Sorry, I'm just happy and relieved - the strenuous week of last-SACs is over... now I just have to learn in English :P

:D
« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 01:53:02 pm by The Cat In The Hat »
VCE 20
HHD MM Revs (F/R) Eng T&T
ATAR 85
Uni 21-24: BNursing/BMidwifery @ Deakin
Y1T2:
HNM102
HNN122 (double)
HNN114
I hope I don't fail....
Listens to Amira Willighagen and Alma Deutscher and a little Marjolein Acke
~English - PM for P&P/creatives help~
Creative excerpts
Nur/Mid uni journal

For Narnia and for Aslan!

she/her

Basically inactive now. May change. Have a nice day.

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #436 on: September 18, 2020, 01:57:10 pm »
+2
Well done! :)

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

Massimo1

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #437 on: September 19, 2020, 06:49:13 pm »
+3
I’m going to start using forum since term 3 is over meaning the grind until final exams is starting, and I may or may not be stressing a lot leading up to exams.

I can finally say that content-wise, I have finally covered everything in Unit 3&4 Chemistry after the being stuck with organic chemistry for an additional three or so weeks compared to everyone else.  ;D I’m glad that the food chem part was relatively okay for me  since I’m also doing 3/4 bio. I can finally begin practice revision and practice exams now and it feels gooddd (: . Planning to recuperate from this busy school term for the weekend before starting practice exams for chem, English, glopol and methods.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 05:50:56 pm by Massimo1 »
Dreamed it, then real lifed it - well, still trying (;

2019: Health & Human Development
2020: Biology, Chemistry, English, Global Politics, Methods

Massimo1

• Adventurer
« Reply #438 on: September 28, 2020, 05:50:30 pm »
+4
28/09/2020
I don’t know how I feel about the first week of the holidays to be honest. I’ve done two methods tech-free and two tech -active exams but I realised I’m struggling in a few areas like trigonometry and standard normal distribution but overall it’s going well. I’m stressing about chemistry though, I’ve in essence finished the content but revising it all, there’s a whole AOS I need to re-learn and I am STILL struggling with reaction pathways when I have tried multiple methods of learning them.

Some good news though, I have finally submitted my VTAC application after spending weeks of putting it off for no other reason than laziness. (:

I haven’t been able to do a full English exam yet but I have done a timed essay for section C of the exam and at this point I’m just glad I can still finish an essay within one hour. I’ve been quietly good at Global Politics throughout the year when it comes to individual AOS, but putting the whole thing together has been so overwhelming, especially with doing a practice exam. And what makes it worse is that there’s barely any publicly available resources for glopol so I’m basically just asking others for a lot of help. And I’ve forgotten a lot of case studies so I’m going to have to brush up on those as well :/

Anyways sorry for the freak out session but overall I’ve realised this last week that I still have a lot of gaps in my learning that I need to address before exams.

The Cat In The Hat

• Forum Leader
« Reply #439 on: September 28, 2020, 09:10:34 pm »
+4
A fairly random update on my subjects and what I feel about each of them, mainly to quantify and cut through the fog in my brain.

English
My goal is fairly ambitious, for me at least: to (hopefully) walk into the exam ranked #1 (I'm not yet sure of my ranking). But at least I plan to get ~53/60 in the exam, if I can. This is fairly ambitious considering I got what would amount to 15/20 for the AA SAC, a flukey text response got me 17/20, and the comparative got me 16/20, meaning that if I got just what I got in the SACs that would be 48/60. So I need to pick up my game in all three sections. Realistically I expect higher for the AA in the exam but lower for both the other two sections... so I guess at the moment the main thing is to do a lot of practise exams :) Anyhow, I'm feeling pretty happy with English - and I never would have guessed the scores I'd get in English through year 12, either.

Methods
Hmmm... this subject could use a little more love (read: a lot). I've been neglecting it terribly for Texts, English and History, all three. I've barely done anything outside of class all year, and although I've kept up to some extent with the brain content, I've done very little practise. And for the last couple of topics (integration and probability) I have developed the deplorable habit of completely tuning out in class and then not catching up... so I crammed for the calculus SAC during probability stuff, and now I don't know any probability. So I need to learn that - my strategy is make a bound book and also work through practise exams - I've done most of both 2019 exams and some of the 2018 exam 1. I also need to learn the exact values table for trig ::) (as well as learn everything for probability of course). My main area to struggle in is identifying what of these disparate pieces of knowledge I can put together and learn stuff with, since I've done everything very separately to this time. I think I can do well in Methods, it just requires the work. Scaling will be my friend :) (also, aiming for at least 36 raw, both to beat the score of my brother :P and get the aggregate boost for a 35+ score in any maths, in my chosen course). So, Methods I'm not too happy with, but it's ok; still waiting on the mark for the last SAC, though...

Texts and Traditions
Did the trial exam today for Texts. I'm surprisingly happy with where I'm at in Texts. I suppose getting back the last SAC and getting an A did help with that optimism; my unit 4 grade is an A at the moment, since I got that for both of them. Having done two practise exams (including the trial today) I can say that I know most of the content, it just requires more practise. Also writing at an insane pace. Also remembering scholarly opinion - my least favourite. (Anyone who's thinking of doing Texts and Traditions in year 12, I would probably recommend it. Don't get overawed by the tiny size of the cohort. :))

History: Revolutions
 ::) I need to practise more. As in, my notes are not functional. For either France or Russia. They are all over the place. Not a good thing to do with Revs... which needs more attention, it's had none since the SAC. I think I'll try just jumping straight into practise exams then send 'em to the teacher, who can point out all the bits I missed since my knowledge is... sketchy. Hopefully thus can I build my knowledge. I hope. However, the exam is the day after English, so I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't get as much love as it should. But since I really need it in my top four and to do well in it...! H'm. I need to practise it a lot more :-\ Doing the first practise exam this week sometime.

As to practise exams - I've done I think three for English, full and timed (why is doing the last essay, whichever you pick, so fiendishly hard) two for Texts (my hand hurts) none full and timed in one go for Methods (help) and none at all for Revs (someone send help :P)

So. There. I have successfully procrastinated my way through the evening (it only took ten, fifteen minutes to write, but still).

TL;DR: English is currently officially my highest-expecting subject, Methods might be saved by scaling, Texts I hate the exam but feel relatively prepared, Revs starts to feel like a lost cause but it can't be. I cannot have it going down below HHD's unscaled 31. Please.

:D
VCE 20
ATAR 85
Y1T2:
HNM102
HNN122 (double)
HNN114
I hope I don't fail....
Creative excerpts
Nur/Mid uni journal

she/her

Coolgalbornin03Lo

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +132
« Reply #440 on: September 29, 2020, 04:25:33 pm »
+2
Anyone else’s motivation just disappear while marking an exam? I’d been doing so great until now with bio and now I just feel empty. I know maybe this was a hard exam but it still hurts. I don’t mind getting things wrong because that’s how to learn but at the same time I don’t know what to do. Start doing exams open book? It’s really disheartening :(
My avatar sums up life.
“I’m free to be the greatest one alive” ~ Sia
╔══════════════════════════════╗
2020: English | Methods | Biology | Chemistry |              Psychology | ATAR: 0
╚══════════════════════════════╝

The Cat In The Hat

• Forum Leader
« Reply #441 on: September 29, 2020, 06:45:57 pm »
+3
Anyone else’s motivation just disappear while marking an exam? I’d been doing so great until now with bio and now I just feel empty. I know maybe this was a hard exam but it still hurts. I don’t mind getting things wrong because that’s how to learn but at the same time I don’t know what to do. Start doing exams open book? It’s really disheartening :(
Maybe try doing them open book for a few, or keep trying on all the questions you got wrong, until you know how to do them inside out. I guess just keep on trying, even the bad marks are ways to learn; today I did my first full closed-book Methods exam 1 and got 13/40 ::); its a learning experience. Also, we're in the holidays here, take a few days off if you need them! :)
VCE 20
ATAR 85
Y1T2:
HNM102
HNN122 (double)
HNN114
I hope I don't fail....
Creative excerpts
Nur/Mid uni journal

she/her

Coolgalbornin03Lo

• Forum Leader
« Reply #442 on: September 29, 2020, 09:08:33 pm »
+2
Maybe try doing them open book for a few, or keep trying on all the questions you got wrong, until you know how to do them inside out. I guess just keep on trying, even the bad marks are ways to learn; today I did my first full closed-book Methods exam 1 and got 13/40 ::); its a learning experience. Also, we're in the holidays here, take a few days off if you need them! :)

Yeah I took the rest of today off and have pushed all my exams for the next few days back :(

Also haha me too! On my first closed book exam I got 19/40.......
My avatar sums up life.
2020: English | Methods | Biology | Chemistry |              Psychology | ATAR: 0

Massimo1

• Adventurer
« Reply #443 on: October 09, 2020, 07:25:10 pm »
+5

Hope everyone is doing well.

I just finished an entire week of five trial exams and the GAT and I am exhausted whew  :-\ . I know that COVID is a thing, but schools condensing all their trial exams into a period of five days was so draining for me, especially since I my end of year exam timetable isn't going to be five consecutive days of exams. I know they don't  count towards your study score but I'm really not looking forward to having them returned since I basically ran most of the week with limited sleep and continuous cramming for what was to come the next day, but oh well.

On another note though, the GAT was Wednesday and I found the MCQs so much easier than last year’s ones, and the first writing task I also thought I did well on. But the second writing task I really was just writing to finish because I was so over writing by that point haha.  Plan for weekend is looking like doing a methods technology free trial exam, reviewing U4AOS2 chemistry and preparing for our final English sac next week.  :P

The Cat In The Hat

• Forum Leader
« Reply #444 on: October 09, 2020, 09:09:39 pm »
+7
Well, having done a few practise exams for Methods, I can proudly say that I almost passed one today. :P
(I got 19/40, my highest score yet, with the other exam being 35/80; this was the VCAA 2018 exams)
So I'm kind of happy and kind of... need a lot more work, and the trial exams are on Monday and Tuesday  :-\ :o
VCE 20
ATAR 85
Y1T2:
HNM102
HNN122 (double)
HNN114
I hope I don't fail....
Creative excerpts
Nur/Mid uni journal

she/her

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
« Reply #445 on: October 09, 2020, 11:54:47 pm »
+3
Well, having done a few practise exams for Methods, I can proudly say that I almost passed one today. :P
(I got 19/40, my highest score yet, with the other exam being 35/80; this was the VCAA 2018 exams)
So I'm kind of happy and kind of... need a lot more work, and the trial exams are on Monday and Tuesday  :-\ :o

Ah good luck! I've got my trial exam for my 3/4 subject this week as well (Tuesday) and haven't even opened a practice exam yet! Are you able to find patterns in what you're struggling with? Hope you have a productive weekend and absolutely smash them!

The Cat In The Hat

• Forum Leader
« Reply #446 on: October 10, 2020, 09:30:48 am »
+4
Ah good luck! I've got my trial exam for my 3/4 subject this week as well (Tuesday) and haven't even opened a practice exam yet! Are you able to find patterns in what you're struggling with? Hope you have a productive weekend and absolutely smash them!
I can definitely see what I'm struggling with, and find patterns, but there's all too much that I don't know (e.g. I don't know most of the probability content, because... let's just say I didn't pay attention in class ::)) My highest hope for the trial is... don't fail? Please don't fail??
VCE 20
ATAR 85
Y1T2:
HNM102
HNN122 (double)
HNN114
I hope I don't fail....
Creative excerpts
Nur/Mid uni journal

she/her

Coolgalbornin03Lo

• Forum Leader
« Reply #447 on: October 12, 2020, 08:27:53 am »
+3
Oooh I forgot today everyone was going back to school I was wondering why no one was on AN!

I start school at 2pm if it’s any constellation......Chem trial exam  :P

Good luck on your trial exams/returning to school everyone we are so close to the end!!!
My avatar sums up life.

The Cat In The Hat

• Forum Leader
« Reply #448 on: October 12, 2020, 09:10:18 am »
+5
I got my English trial exam back... apparently I got 53/60 :) :D
Now I just have to suffer through Methods today and tomorrow, and Revs tomorrow (hopefully I pass all exams).
I start around 1 or so, Methods trial exam 1. Good luck, Coolgalbornin03Lo! :)
VCE 20
ATAR 85
Y1T2:
HNM102
HNN122 (double)
HNN114
I hope I don't fail....
Creative excerpts
Nur/Mid uni journal

she/her

The Cat In The Hat

• Forum Leader
« Reply #449 on: October 15, 2020, 01:54:01 pm »
+5
I got the Methods exam 1 back just now. 14/40.  :( :-\ :'(
Got Revs back yesterday - did okay, passed (though not much more than that). Fairly okay with it.
VCE 20
ATAR 85
Y1T2:
HNM102
HNN122 (double)
HNN114
I hope I don't fail....
Creative excerpts
Nur/Mid uni journal

she/her