Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 07:56:38 am

Author Topic: Communal VCE Journey Journal (feel free to participate!)  (Read 182241 times)

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
Re: Communal VCE Journey Journal (feel free to participate!)
« Reply #465 on: November 26, 2020, 10:29:25 pm »
+4
Congratulations!!

I hope you have a restful & rewarding break :)

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #466 on: November 30, 2020, 04:42:26 pm »
+2
Well, hello ladies and gents, this is the day we've all been waiting for: the evening of the day of our last exam.

My exams are over, I've never got to do any of these things again. No more year 12, no more worrying about cohorts and rankings and study scores. Not until 30 December. Add to this the fact that I predicted correctly the essay question for Texts (1/3 of the mark) and thus prepared for it, as well as getting decent other questions except for the one about a literary technique I'd never heard of, 'pairing' and I feel my final VCE exam treated me pretty well.

Now - finally - I get to relax. I can pick up my hobbies again. Sweep the dust off the piano keys, off my camera, off my life. I can wear out my fingers writing the stories that clamour in my head, perfecting them, polishing them until every word is a gem. It's the calm before the storm, the eye of the hurricane. I'm just about to head out into the hurricane, where I'll be tossed every which way during uni, perhaps - but never lose sight of the ground.

My VCE journey is almost over. Just the results, and now, in the post-exams euphoria, I don't care, almost. I've done what I can. I think I did okay. Not what I wanted at the start of the year, but okay. Not what will get me into the course I really want, but I've put in enough effort that I know, whatever I do, it was my best. I've written 37,000 words of a novel during the exam period. I still might win NaNoWriMo again during my sudden free time here.

Finally - I've been waiting all year for this day - I'm free. Free from a weight that's hung around my neck for ever so long. It's the end of a journey and the start of a new one.

And what will I find, then, I wonder?

Well done! Happy for you. 👍

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

Commercekid2050

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +5
« Reply #467 on: October 19, 2021, 08:11:57 pm »
+2
Well just though of talking in here. Today was the last day of year 12 in my school. Can not believe that in less than a month from now I would be free from school. Hard to believe that tbh.  Difficult to be believe that from March I would be able to start  going to university.

This is my first and last entry in my VCE journal. Thanks for reading.
Soon I would start another journal. in a new year, with a new me and well a new start

Thank you
« Last Edit: October 19, 2021, 08:22:11 pm by Commercekid2050 »
2021 VCE- English, Math Method, Further Math,Accounting and Economics

2022-2026 Bachelors in Business (Taxation) and Accounting in Monash

Sathu

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #468 on: November 23, 2021, 10:17:41 pm »
 hello guys,

This is my vce journal where I will hopefully look back and see how far i have come.

I am writing this for a very particular reason I am feeling anxious, remember to say you are FEELING anxious not I AM anxious because your whole being does not depend on anxiety. I read this somewhere lmao. ANYWAYS, i am feeling anxious because year 11 is coming up. this is my last week of school and next year, we will be going to a separate campus to complete vce. I am nervous but also slightly excited of whats to come. I HATE that i wont have my comfort routine and wont be in control of my life - at least at the start of the year. I am also scared about how school grades acc matter and i dont think I'll be able to handle the pressure. I am writing this as a momentum, where i will hopefully look back and say 'ha wow i was so stressed for nothing'

Snow Leopard

• MOTM: SEP 19
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +196
« Reply #469 on: November 24, 2021, 10:53:14 am »
+2
i dont think I'll be able to handle the pressure.
Hey, having finished Year 12 some advice I would give you would be:

- Have confidence in yourself that you can acheive your goals. Doing this will bring you one step closer to achieving them rather than doubting yourself which will only bring you down.

- Don't complain too much about how difficult the work is/how annoying VCAA are for making exams so difficult etc as in my opinion it's a waste of time and energy. Focus on what you can change which is the effort you put in.

- Don't compare yourself to others too much. Yes ranking matters in Yr 12 but at the end of the day you can't control how others in your cohort will perform, you can only control your performance so focus on yourself. From personal experience, I found that comparing myself to others only worsened my mental health which made it harder to do well academically.

Good luck with your VCE!